Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My summertime project - still in progress

Default My summertime project - still in progress

This project started when the people that owed the property in front of us decided to build their home (after 10 years of not having neighbors). We needed a small privacy fence and thus came about what was going to be a three section fence... and developed into a four section fence. First battle was finding enough cedar boards to construct the fence... which took over a month and going to 4 different stores. The second battle was finding the plates to install in the fence. While all this was going on I got 4 fish carved and painted. And just today I got two more fish carved. When the fence is completed there will probably be 12 to 15 fish. At the rate I'm going it will probably be next year by the time all the fish are installed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D-Fish-WEB.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	81725Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B-Fish-WEB.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	81724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Fish-WEB.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	81723

Sharon,
    I like it, beautiful, as always! How big are the fish, and what are the button type designs, they mesh very well!!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

It seems like life has things always dished out to us where the only answer is to carve, carve, carve! Great job, I love it! It's never ending

Your fish are so fun! Wish you would sell the patterns, so others can make them!

Love the plates and bowls in the fence. That is awesome!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Sharon,

Super cool and creative. That piranha looking one was perfect (I don't know fish too good since I grew up in the deserts of Texas). They all were perfect but that one is my favorite.

- O

6. Default

Those are way too cool.

Thanks for the nice comments. Most of the fish will be approximately 11.5 x 18 or 20 inches. I guess technically the fish should be a little larger but just went with the size boards that I have access to. Gary, I'm not sure about your question of the "button" design. If you are asking about the unpainted fish it is just a scallop design that I have.

Connie, it would be hard to sell the designs as I've used other peoples patterns in/on most of the fish designs. With a few exceptions the shape of the fish I've done just using the Spline Tool in designer. But the embellishments are credited to so many other people.

Oscar, I have a few other weird fish on the drawing board. I tell you this is going to be one very weird fence when finished.

I thought the "buttons" he was referring to were actually the plates (or "bubbles") created by the fish.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Just spectacular !!! I really like the idea of using the fence as a canvas for your carvings. The plates are a great idea, I just really like this whole idea. Oh and yes the fish are so very well done. Thank you Sharon for the pictures.

Sharon, awesome as usual. What type of paints and sealer are you using, if you don't mind saying. I know what this Central Oregon sun will do to painted objects.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast