Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Roller Going Crazy

Well - I left the board in the machine overnight. Today I started it up, didn't change a thing and it went through all the procedures but stopped when it rolled the board out the back and gave me the "Check Tracking Roller" msg. I hit enter and it continued on w/o a problem. It stopped after a few minutes with a Close cover message. I took out the left cover switch and could not find a problem, reinstalled it and it continued on. Then I got a Check Cut Motor Error msg. I hit enter and it carved fine.
    I put a second board on the carrier, went through all the same procedures and it gave me the same Check Cut Motor message again at the exact same location. I hit enter and it continued on.
    I put a third board in, no messages at all and it carved fine. I'm sure there will be more problems in the future. I suspect the cheap solder used on the connections are losing conductivity.???
    I never got to the point of checking the gears, the next time it has a fit I will investigate further.
    DickB - I tried a shorter board and it had no issues at all. I did not get to the point of carving it, I just tried the set up procedure.
    Bergerud - I think our machines are related and have the same bad gene.
    I will let you know how the next carve goes.
    Thanks again for all the advice.

Since the short board worked fine I would checked the infeed and outfeed rollers. There's a firmware upgrade for the check cut motor that has helped a number of us. Give it a try.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Check cut motor error does have a fix... http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...910#post258910

Are you saying that with a different board, not in/on your carrier board, you did not get the tracking error? If so could there be an issue with your carrier board? Is there a chance it might have an indent on the edge, is it maybe twisted/warped? I have to ask as I was helping a new carver and he made up a carrier board using 1/4" plywood with side rails. The plywood had a little bit of cupping and twist to it and he would keep getting the same tracking error that you have described. If possible post a picture of yours with detailed information.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Check cut motor switch is on the right not the left.

Do you have dust collection insert? Did you cut it too short and it is vibrating, which can cause it to lose contact with the switch?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Check cut motor switch is on the right not the left.

Do you have dust collection insert? Did you cut it too short and it is vibrating, which can cause it to lose contact with the switch?
    I think he meant the "Check Cut Motor" message. Good question about whether he has a DC though. I bet not with all these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think he meant the "Check Cut Motor" message. Good question about whether he has a DC though. I bet not with all these problems.
    Post #11 says he got a cut motor error message and took out the left switch to check it.

Cut motor is always the one on the right. The one on the left is for the controller.

I guess he had both problems. Check cut motor message and the close cover message. I was confused.

When there was the "Please Close Cover" message I depressed the switch on the side with the keypad and the display would change to "Press Enter to Proceed." So that is the switch I checked. The troubleshooting guide explains this is the left side if I am reading this correctly. Here is a quote from the guide: The left one reports the cover state to the electronics and the left one connects the power circuit to the cut motor which allows it to run when the cover is down. If the left one is not showing “Closed” then the machine will show this message. Should that say "right one connects ..."? Someone might want to check this. Left is repeated.
    The board is flat, I checked that last night with a straight edge piece of aluminum rail.
    Since this is an A machine will the firmware update help?

The machine sat for years without use before I got it, it's been one big headache. I feel like a Doctor diagnosing a patient - I am underpaid.

Check Cut Motor Message - switch on the right
    Please Close Cover Message - switch on the left

Your post in #11 was the close cover...sorry.

Did you ever report on the following:

Head Pressure?
    X-Drive Gear Missing Teeth?
    DC Insert?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast