Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum access issues once you click on the "F connect" button at top of page

I am starting to be not a fan as well. I do use Firefox for most of my browsing but since I was convinced to try Chrome while trouble shooting I am liking it as well. I tried Chrome out years ago when it first came out but it was buggy at times and not much better than IE.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I guess Edge is Windows 10 version of Internet Explorer? I've heard more complaints about Edge then IE and IE was bad enough.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I guess Edge is Windows 10 version of Internet Explorer? I've heard more complaints about Edge then IE and IE was bad enough.

You are correct! It is called Microsoft Edge but there is also Internet Explorer, With Win 10 IE is now version 11 and I am not even going to open it and get it going.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Web browsers are difficult to write because most web site developers have their own idealistic concept of what a web browser should be or how it should perform. Microsoft provides a software development kit (SDK) to all developers. However, some developers are biased toward one platform or another and decide not to use some or all the function calls and pre-programing provided to them and write their own function calls to suite their program or web site better. Or so they think. This non-standard approach usually results in an interface that is unstable and that most users are not familiar with. Microsoft has top notch programmers and given that there are so many different computers and platforms I am truly amazed at how well their programs function. Unless a web site programmer is completely familiar with the Windows programming interface (almost all are not), choosing not to use their guidelines I would consider to be reckless and foolish. Everybody likes to bash big daddy though.

Internet Explorer has always been my "go to" browser. I liked it because most web sites used it as the standard. It was somewhat configurable, fairly easy to use, and was not written for a complete dummy. Most of the problems experienced were either caused by a company that didn't program their web site correctly or by a user that didn't understand how it was supposed to work. It was, and probably still is, the leading most used web browser in the world.

Firefox is good also. It is highly configurable. Especially if you know how to use the "About" pages. It was written by programmers that really knew what they were doing and has a very easy to use interface. Because it is an IE competitor there are many differences. Some are good, some are not but I think it's mostly a matter of preference. They also may have function calls that are not the same as in IE and can cause headaches for web site programmers.

I don't know that much about Chrome. I've used it a few times on my PC and on my phone but not enough to give a good evaluation.

As I said before, I am not an Edge fan. Anything new can be frustrating at first so I stuck with it for a month or so just to be sure I wasn't missing something. I think they tried to program it for a beginning user and left out some functionality for the sake of simplicity. I haven't used it in awhile so they may have changed some things but I found it frustrating and lacking in usability. Especially since most websites haven't really allowed for the new programming and function calls yet.

Overall, I use Firefox the most. It has its share of problems but they actively work on them and release updates frequently. Sometimes I will resort back to IE 11 when a website isn't behaving as expected just to see if it's the browser or the web site that has the problem. It couldn't possibly be me (LOL).
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-15-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Steve

I use Chrome all of the time. It has been very reliable.

Norton Utilities keeps my cookies cleaned up. When I first got Win10 I tried Edge and Norton objected - said they could not protect me there. They hide IE so it is difficult to find it to pin the Task Bar. Some sites don't work well with IE and some don't work well with Fire Fox. I have Chrome but seldom use it. Edge is not IE. If you search with Cortina, she uses Edge - no choice.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I had another customer with Facebook redirect issues, so I turned off the F connect (Facebook) option.

I've been fighting this issue for the last week or so. Finally got it solved last night. It's nice being able to log into the forum again.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    I've been fighting this issue for the last week or so. Finally got it solved last night. It's nice being able to log into the forum again.
    Was just able an hour ago to get back, due to the great help of Connie !!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12