Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum access issues once you click on the "F connect" button at top of page

Default Forum access issues once you click on the "F connect" button at top of page

Last week I started having issues with connecting into the forum. After clicking on my short cut my browser (Windows Edge) would eventually time out saying it could not connect do to issues of the link being redirected to many times. This would also happen when using the Firefox browser. This was happening on 3 different computers. What I have narrowed my problem down to was that some time/some how I had clicked on the "f connect" tab at the top of the screen. On one of my computers once I clicked on my forum short cut it would direct me to my facebook login pop up.

There was also on a few times that when I could get to the forum page with out being logged into the forum it would show that I was logged in. This shows up at the bottom of the forum page that shows number of users viewing the forum.

My issue would not go away even after clearing all cookies and browser history for both browsers. In my communications with Connie and my brother (he just got signed up on the forum as dwharris) I down loaded the Chrome browser. With Chrome I had no issues with getting into the forum at all, well until I clicked on the f connect again.

Has anyone ever had this issue that they know of after clicking on it? If so how did they clear it?

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I just open a browser (I dont't use Edge if I can help it) and get CarveWright from favorites/bookmarks and go to Forum. Never use f connect - wouldn't know how.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I just open a browser (I dont't use Edge if I can help it) and get CarveWright from favorites/bookmarks and go to Forum. Never use f connect - wouldn't know how.
    Clint
    I have my most visited sites on my book marks tool bar. As for using the f connect I highly discourage it. Ever since I foolishly (being PC) clicked on it I have had nothing but problems getting into the forum.

What I have found out is that when you do use it it adds an app to your fackebook profile and sets a cookie on your computer. I am going through the process still of finding everything else it does as well. I will update as I go along..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

For the moment I think I have my problem fixed by removing the CarveWright apps in my Facebook settings. I can now come directly into the forum without any sign on issues and by checking the keep me logged in box I am auto logged in when I get here.

What a mind boggling ride this has been!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I have been having this problem also, I had chrome and thought maybe that was it, so I tried firefox and still have the problem the only way I can get past the log in page is to use cc cleaner then continue.

Thanks for the facebook response. I have been getting the timeout redirect page saying something about facebook and to many redirects. I will also remove the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Thanks for the facebook response. I have been getting the timeout redirect page saying something about facebook and to many redirects. I will also remove the apps.
    Glad, well not really, to know that I'm not alone on this issue. Hope this does help others out and also give the CarveWright folks a heads up when/if they get contacted about this issue. I did trade a few emails with Connie while trying to resolve the issue.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    For the moment I think I have my problem fixed by removing the CarveWright apps in my Facebook settings. I can now come directly into the forum without any sign on issues and by checking the keep me logged in box I am auto logged in when I get here.

What a mind boggling ride this has been!

Floyd,

To remove individual cookies in Firefox, click on the menu (3 bars icon in the upper right corner) and select "Options" and then "Privacy" on the left side. Scroll down about half way down the page and under the "History" category there will be an option to "remove individual cookies". It's pretty safe to remove a cookie that you are not sure of. It just means that you will have to re-enter the login info the next time you visit the page.

It's amazing how many cookies that you can accumulate. Periodically, I just remove them all and start over.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-14-2016 at 07:31 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Floyd,

To remove individual cookies in Firefox, click on the menu (3 bars icon in the upper right corner) and select "Privacy" on the left side. Scroll down about half way down the page and under the "History" category there will be an option to "remove individual cookies". It's pretty safe to remove a cookie that you are not sure of. It just means that you will have to re-enter the login info the next time you visit the page.
    Steve,

Thanks for sharing, hope it might help others out if they need to remove cookies. I can not count they number of times I did that. Firefox and Chrome allows one to remove individual cookies, Windows Edge does not. It is all or none in Edge and as I found out from looking at discussion boards there are plenty of others out there frustrated with not being able to do so.

The only true fix for my issue was the removing/disabling the app within Facebook.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

I am not an "Edge" fan. I have always considered Microsoft programs or apps superior to most. Not the case with Edge. It's buggy and lacking in functionality. With Windows 10 I used IE for a long time and then switched to Firefox with a lot fewer problems.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast