Hi,

My machine stopped about 30 minutes into an hour raster carving of lettering on a project I've been working on. It had a message to clean the Z-axis rollers and press enter. I always clean the machine well between carvings so it wasn't too dirty, but I vacuumed it and even put some dry lube on the Z rails. I checked and the truck moved easily. I pressed enter and got a Z Axis Stall error message. No options other then press stop, so I lost the project.

I removed the wood and went into user tests under options. Test Z gives a Z Axis Stall Err E06-0313. So does Test Cut Motor. I powered the machine down and unplugged it for 30 seconds. Powered back up and reran tests with same results. I checked and the spindle can be turned freely, so the flex cable seems OK. I read the E06 – Z-Axis Stall support note on-line, and based on that I opened the bottom of the machine, vacuumed the small amount of sawdust out of there and checked that all cables and connectors were fully engaged. I also removed the screws and lifted the top of the unit enough to check cable connection up there. Plugged it back in, powered it up and the tests still have the E06-0313 error. It's an older Craftsman Compucarve I purchased new and later I upgraded to the traction belts and carvetight spindle. It has only 5hrs 9 minutes run time on it.

Suggestions for debugging this issue are greatly appreciated.

Gene