Thread: Sculptor not responding

Default Sculptor not responding

I am going to call Joe on Monday, he had left by the time I got home from work on Friday. But I thought I would give the "experts" on here a shot at figuring it out, so I can play with it this weekend

I purchased it after the conference. Michael did a darn fine job inspiring us! I downloaded it as a demo first. It shows a good registration -Connie confirmed.

Using it as standalone, I can import an STL. On the import tab, all of the options are in black (selectable), but clicking on them has no effect, check boxes cannot be checked. Clicking on Accept has no effect. Only the selection arrow can be selected, no light position or type. Clicking on the Tools or Export tab has no effect. From the file menu, I can open a file, but cannot do anything with "recent" documents.

I can select a different material, and rotating it using the cube works.

I get the same results when I right click on a pattern in the library from within designer, it opens to the tools tab. While I can use the smoothing tool on the object, I cannot move any of the sliders (again black, not grayed out), and cannot select either of the other two tabs.

Win 7 machine, 6gb ram, i5.

I have removed and re-installed the software twice (ran as administrator). There must be something lingering in the registry, as the license info has repopulated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sculptor.JPG  

Dian,

I had the same problem. To fix it I installed Sculptor in another location other than the standard "Program Files (x86). In this case, I used my data drive (D) and just changed the drive letter in the path name when prompted for the destination folder.
    Steve

Thanks Steve, I will try that!

Steve, that didn't change anything. Created a dir in the root of C. It still holds all of the information from the previous installs, like the recent list, so I am assuming there are registry settings or something similar not removed by the uninstall program.

Dian,

Installing in the root directory of your C drive may not fix the problem. I suspect the problem is a permissions issue on the installation folder and the root of your C drive may be well protected by the OS the same as the Program Files (x86) folder. Try installing on another drive. If you don't have another drive make another subfolder and install into it. Be sure you completely uninstall first and delete any folders created by the previous installs.

When I installed the program I used a utility/program called "Reg Organizer" that tracks everything during the installation. Then I used the same program to uninstall so it finds all references and folders and deletes them.

Reg Organizer is $40.00 and it has a lot of other useful utilities plus 1 year free upgrades. Even on new releases.

EDIT: Also, another thing that might help is to be sure that your normal logon account has administrator privileges.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-07-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Steve

Steve,

Thanks for all of your help! I ended up deleting the Sculptor key in the registry (copied out the license first ), and installing in my users dir. It is now working like a champ!

Whoo Hoo!

I am going to get the RegOrganizer... It sounds like something I will use often, even at work!

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post

I am going to get the RegOrganizer... It sounds like something I will use often, even at work!
    Dian,

Editing the registry, deleting keys and using a registry editor at work would imply that you are in the IT field. If I may ask, what kind of work do you do?
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-07-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    Steve

Well, I am the Jill of all trades for a small geothermal power company. My official title is Administrative Manager. But, 60% of my time involves the computers and networks for 3 plants.

I built my first computer in '92

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Well, I am the Jill of all trades for a small geothermal power company. My official title is Administrative Manager. But, 60% of my time involves the computers and networks for 3 plants.

I built my first computer in '92
    I was in the IT field also before I retired about 4 years ago. I didn't build my first computer until after I started working for the Department of Surgery at the University Medical Center, University of Arizona. The hospital wasn't even wired for networking back then and I installed many inter-office networks. We've come along way since then.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-07-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Steve