Thread: Podium Logo for the Air Force

Default Podium Logo for the Air Force

I was asked to carve this logo in wood as large as possible. 13" by 13" is just about as big as safely possible but before I submit it for approval I thought a second opinion would be nice so I'm open to any suggestions. The original pic and the finished model are attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AF Weather Logo-2.png   weather Logo.png  
    Steve

Steve,

I think they will love it. The only thing I notice is that the far right foot, the outline of the cat doesn't include the point in front of it.

Nice job!

Dian,

It does look a little strange and I played with it a little. The original pic isn't well defined and it's hard to distinguish the difference between the leg and the lightening bolt. Since they are the same color, and color is height, I had to manually outline the cat and model it separately to help distinguish the difference.

EDIT: with a "front on" view it's hard to see the raised part of the cat. It did need a little more definition though. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear foot cloeup.png   AF Weather Logo-2.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-08-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    Steve