Thread: Pattern Sculptor and Yosemite OS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pattern Sculptor and Yosemite OS

Is there something I have missed. I am not able to access pattern sculptor from designer. I can access and use it after the PITA registration process, just can't access it form designer.
    I am used to work arounds or not being able to use certain features on a mac, just curious if this is the case here.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

when you "right click" a pattern from your favorites, do you see "Open in Pattern Sculptor"?

after editing in sculptor, in the "export" tab, you should see "send to designer"
    Last edited by RMarkey; 08-04-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    when you "right click" a pattern from your favorites, do you see "Open in Pattern Sculptor"?

after editing in sculptor, in the "export" tab, you should see "send to designer"
    Not seeing that in the drop down. No export tab in sculptor
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Should he also see "Launch Pattern Sculptor..." under the File Menu?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Should he also see "Launch Pattern Sculptor..." under the File Menu?
    I see it but can't click it
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    I see it but can't click it
    Well that is interesting. Without Sculptor, the entry is not in the menu. With Sculptor, it appears in the menu. You seem to be at some point in between.

I wonder if there are any other Mac users out there with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Well that is interesting. Without Sculptor, the entry is not in the menu. With Sculptor, it appears in the menu. You seem to be at some point in between.

I wonder if there are any other Mac users out there with the same problem.

Exactly why I asked. I had issue with 3.0xx and the yosimite and there don't seem to be enough Mac users to warrnant a fix. I am ok with having to work around, it is just misleading when the tutorial shows clicking back and forth between designer, editor and sculptor.

As I said, I may have missed something. I have been very busy and working long hours so may have been somewhat foggy on the whole registration.
    The software works as a stand alone, just not integrating with designer and editor.
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Did more research, for Sculptor on Mac, it has to be installed in the root of the Applications directory. It cannot be on the desktop or elsewhere.