Thread: Wooden Iphone

Default Wooden Iphone

My granddaughter is just 4 and her mother is away for a month. She walks around the house with TV remotes pretending to talk to her mother. I thought, " Why not make her a fake phone."

Sorry, it is in Designer 3. It was just a quick project. (The only reason I even posted it is because the forum is so slow!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010362.JPG   Iphone.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dan, super cute. I am sure she will enjoy it until she gets her own real phone or ipad or tablet (next year??).

It has been a little slow.

Totally awesome. The little ones mimic us so well and now she has 'one of her own'. I'm betting it will get a lot of use making calls to mommy.
    Rick H

Dan,
    Really good idea! Wish I would have thought of that... With 5 granddaughters who did the same thing over the years, I woulda been a hero...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Great looking Iphone. I have a little one that would fall in love with this little toy. I have 187 but .Thanks for sharing the idea.Think I might have to work on a carve.

Sorry it is 3.0. I just copied an old iphone. It is a trivial project which only takes a few minutes to design. (That makes it an interesting example. Quick to design and make but of great value to the right little girl!)

With Dan's permission, I re-created his IPhone in 1.187 along with a pattern. The pattern is set deep (.5") so a .75" thick board can be used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IPhone.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-03-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    Steve

Dan and Steve Thank you . You saved me the time .Don't have a lot with work and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    With Dan's permission, I re-created his IPhone in 1.187 along with a pattern. The pattern is set deep (.5") so a .75" thick board can be used.

thank you steve
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Dan and Steve, thanks very much. Good job to both. My grandson is going to be really excited.