Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Cut Motor Fix (for some instances)

Default Check Cut Motor Fix (for some instances)

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

2. Default

I complain from time to time about LHR but I want to praise and thank them for making this firmware update work with designer basic.

GREAT !!!!

Question... Do I need to do this to ALL Cards or does it update the Machine so I need to do it to all machines....

That would be a great answer to add to the instructions. A little engineering speak at the end to explain what we just did....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

What I did was to rename my old control.mwm control old.mwm and then rename the new one control.mwm and put it in the same subdir. That way it will become the new default, which is then easy to uploaded onto all cards.

bergerud, Thanks for the tip. It work for me. The download did not install correctly (maybe Operator error ) Now if I can figure out for my how to get my desktop to recognize the card so I do not need copy the project over to my laptop to put on the card.
    Bob

One can also just double click on the .mwm file wherever it was downloaded to and Designer will open and upload it to the card.

I just talked to LHR software on a unrelated issue and asked about this.... (Not Correct) She said it updates the MACHINE so in my case, I would need to update the 4 machines as I place them back on line. Not correct) Only using one at the moment. They all have the CCM.

Updated EDIT: It was the way I asked the question that lead to confusion... I interpreted it wrong and a updated post below is corrected to "It lives on EACH CARD"... So we will need to update all of our cards. Ultimately it does update the firmware on the CW computer but it as in the update lives on each card... My BAD..

THANK YOU LHR Software for the fix !!!!

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

will this fix the problem with centerline text. When you just do centerline text you get the check cut motor message.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by xchief807 View Post
    will this fix the problem with centerline text. When you just do centerline text you get the check cut motor message.
    Kevin
    Yes it should...

Some newer CarveWright ‘C’ series machines, as well as new cutmotors sold by LHR Technologies, may report a problem with the cutmotor when a project is started. The message, which reads, “Check Cut Motor”, is a result of a new manufacturing technique on the cutmotors which has made them more efficient than their predecessors.
    This updated firmware modifies the cutmotor sensing algorithm to account for the efficiency of the new cutmotors.
    The firmware is backwards compatible with Designer Basic, version 1.187, and can be used with it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

so do we have to do all of our cards or just one and it will update the machine?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast