Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Check Cut Motor Fix (for some instances)

The version I am using is 3.102 Designer.....
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

I think the problem is simply that one cannot choose a .mwm file to be the default unless it has the name control.mwm.

Either:

1. Just double click on the downloaded firmware file. (Designer will open and flash the card.)

2. Follow the LHR procedure but push the "No Thanks" button instead of the "Make Default" button.

3. Change the name of the file to control.mwm and replace the one in the Designer program directory. (It will then become the newest version default all will be good.)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not think machine even knows if the motor is running!
    I can say that is correct. As many of you know for a temporary period I ran my cut motor manually when the controller went bad. I had nothing from the machine connected to the motor and for centerline carves it still gave the "check cut motor" error.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I imagine one could deduce the current by knowing the duty cycle of the applied voltage.
    Ding ding ding!!! (sort of)

Anyhow,

If you double-click the firmware file, designer will ask you if you want to make it default. This will fail if designer doesn't have privileges to write to the installation directory. You would need to run designer "as administrator" to be able to do this.

I don't necessarily recommend this because some people run multiple versions of designer, and could get confused as to which firmware exists in each designer's installation directory. It's just confusing.

This is why we have always released the entire installation package as one entity.

Also, the cut motor error message still exists if it doesn't get up to, or hold its speed correctly.
    Last edited by RMarkey; 07-29-2016 at 02:55 PM.

It is in my downloads file. I think I will just let it sit there with designer versions from 1.185 to currant.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

I've been doing considerable Centerline text, vector cuts, and cutouts lately, which more often than not gave me a Check Cut Motor, but since installing this firmware I haven't gotten one. Even though the fix was intended for C machine/new motors, it appears to have made a difference on my older machine as well. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by DickB; 08-16-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I've been doing considerable Centerline text, vector cuts, and cutouts lately, which more often than not give me a Check Cut Motor, but since installing this firmware I haven't gotten one. Even thought the fix was intended for C machine/new motors, it appears to have made a difference on my older machine as well. Fingers crossed.

Same results here. Thanks to the software writers/programmers.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

my cut motor stopped working yesterday and I began reading these posts, we have a relatively new machine from late last year, about 150 hours on the motor, and are running 1.187.10870 according to the information I get on the card. Is there a software fix that I should download? Should I discuss with carvewright before taking any action? And should I be considering 3.102 rather than the 1.187?

Your cut motor not working is purely a hardware problem. This thread about "a cut motor fix" is only about altering a cut motor rpm test to not give a "check cut motor" message.

If your cut motor quit, you should start trouble shooting the hardware. First, do you have a DC which could be holding the right cover switch open?

not sure what a DC is, but can say that the machine homes, asks for bit change, does not spin up when moving back to home position and then trys to start carving without the spindle turning if allowed. This suggests to me that the right cover switch is ok because it would not allow movement of spindle head to tool change position and back home if it were thinking the cover was open, am I correct on this? thanks

can i put a volt meter into the power too the motor connection to see if power is going to the motor, in other words, if no power this is software or some other hardware issue, not the motor

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast