Thread: Carvewright will not boot

Default Carvewright will not boot

I haven't used my CW in a few months, but wanted to get back to it today. When last used it was working fine. After the final carve was complete I cleaned all the sawdust out, squirted a little WE40 on the spindles that raise and lower the compression rollers, and unplugged the machine. When I plugged it in this afternoon nothing happened. No display, no sound, no anything. I checked the power to the extension cord I always use and it's fine. I checked all the connections to the cut motor and the head, but they're all good. Contrast knob turns the display black. I'm at a loss. What else can I try? BTW, I replaced the controller not long before my last project.

Thank you for any help...

2. Default

You do have the memory card inserted? The programming for the machine is all on the card. Try turning off the machine and removing and re inserting the card, then turn it back on. You always want machine off when inserting or removing the card. If that does not work then try reflashing the card as the programming on it may be messed up. Then reinsert in machine and try again.

Or you could have killed the computer if you used a Vacuum Cleaner to suck out all the Sawdust. Moving Sawdust inside the plastic hose creates High Voltage Static that kills the computer...

But likely as posted above... You likely forgot to insert the Card.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Now I feel foolish! With the memory card plugged in everything works as intended. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by rflournoy View Post
    Now I feel foolish! With the memory card plugged in everything works as intended. Thanks for the help!
    We all had to learn.... I remember my 2007 learning moment here.... I recycled a clock designer project into a sign... When I went to carve it, the machine asked me to make sure the sign was inserted to cut the BACK SIDE... This was a one sided sign with a V90 bit only and it was asking for the Carving bit and BACK... I was SO confused.... I posted the project here in 2007... The answer... "You have a rectangular carve region on the back of the sign.... that is why it wants the back of the board...." The back side Carve Region was to insert the small clock in the previous clock designer project... When I recycled the designer project I never looked on the back.... And YES, I too have had the "Blank or All Rectangles" Display too.... We all learn... and what a better place to learn... HERE...

A little history...

Since the Machine Operating System is contained on the Memory Card rather than a Internal Flash Memory it lets LHR completely change the machine operating system.... My 2007 machines all had LED Flag Sensors to get the Home Position of the Z with a metal flag mounted so the sensor on the Z truck would block it telling the machine the home. When the sensors were failing and falling off to become the most photographed "What Is It?" part posted, LHR completely rewrote the Designer Operating System and the machine converted to a FLAG to a BUMP or a slow Bump into the upper mechanical stop. Plus when they switched from the 18 pin FSC Cable to the 14 Pin FSC Cable a program re-wright was just a quick download to give Designer the latest.... All contained on the CARD.... My hats off to LHR for this really GREAT System Design....

That is why no card = Brain Dead Machine....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-24-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com