Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Longhorns

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    It would be hard to make Patterns from images like those you posted. I have some Longhorn patterns. I offer my patterns on CD and DVD's. Will these type work for you? - send me a "PM" with your e-mail I can send you some samples.

I like to start with Line Drawings. BJB

So, you see my delima. I have had trouble finding even good photos of what I am looking for.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

2. Default

I put up the Bull and Cowboy as individual items. And 3 different versions of the whole composition.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...8&cat=&page=15

Alan, very nice pieces.

4. Default

Thanks Oscar

I've been doing patterns for a while now and have learned when to give things more height and little tweaks of detail here and there etc. Which takes more concentration and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Alan, very nice pieces.

Great pattern! I am looking forward to purchasing and carving it. Thank You!
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Default first attempt at pattern from scratch

Here is one i just spent about an hour on. Its very crude but can be tweaked to get what I am after.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 7.44.44 AM.png  
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Here is a layup of a scene integrating homemade and purchased patterns to achieve my goal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 1.07.01 PM.png  
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

great composition. nice job on the original patterns!

Thanks Oscar, as i said they are crude....... I am sure i will go back and tweak them as I advance. I didn't think they were too bad for my first attempt at building them from scratch.
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Brent, for a first attempt or a 10th attempt I think they came out pretty good. You have a good idea of setting the different depths and shapes for the pattern. Can't wait to see all the great patterns you start whipping up. Pattern making can be addicting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast