Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with memory card

Default Problem with memory card

I am having a problem with my memory cards. Today I went to upload a new project onto a card. I put a card in the card reader and plugged it in the usb port. Then I clicked on “File” and “Flash Manager”. When the window popped up I clicked “Format” and then “Firmware.” When the next window popped up, next to “Default Firmware Version” was BAD. I assume this is a problem. Next to “Installed Firmware Version” was 2.006.11926, my software version. When I clicked on “Latest Firmware” nothing changed. Now if I click “File” then “Upload” the project appears to upload but I am leery to try a carving and ruin a board. I have 3 cards and 2 card readers and have this problem with all of them. When I uploaded my last project a few days ago everything was fine. Since then I have upgraded my computer to Windows 10. Could that be the problem?

Yes, in my opinion win 10 is the problem... someone with more knowledge will chime in soon...

Try running Win 10 in Admin Mode....

Too many things I rely on don't play nice with win 10....

Got a scare the other day as I was away from my computer and a count down timer was showing 12 minutes until automatic upgrade to Win 10.... That was not NICE....

Have no plans to go Win 10.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Google GWX and download the free program. It takes care the Windows 10 upgrade annoyance. OR, the next thing you know you will have upgraded to Windows 10!

As for Win 10 being the card problem, I do not know. I have avoided Windows 10 so far.
    Last edited by bergerud; 06-29-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chkorte View Post
    I am having a problem with my memory cards. Today I went to upload a new project onto a card. I put a card in the card reader and plugged it in the usb port. Then I clicked on “File” and “Flash Manager”. When the window popped up I clicked “Format” and then “Firmware.” When the next window popped up, next to “Default Firmware Version” was BAD. I assume this is a problem. Next to “Installed Firmware Version” was 2.006.11926, my software version. When I clicked on “Latest Firmware” nothing changed. Now if I click “File” then “Upload” the project appears to upload but I am leery to try a carving and ruin a board. I have 3 cards and 2 card readers and have this problem with all of them. When I uploaded my last project a few days ago everything was fine. Since then I have upgraded my computer to Windows 10. Could that be the problem?
    When you opened Designer (after the win 10 upgrade) did it ask you to register or continue without activation?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    When you opened Designer (after the win 10 upgrade) did it ask you to register or continue without activation?
    It didn't ask me to do anything.

I have had the "BAD" firmware situation a few times over the years. I just re-flashed the firmware and all was well again. As long as the "BAD" message is gone, I would think you should be fine. (I may be wrong, but I cannot see how this would have anything to do with Windows 10.)

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Google GWX and download the free program. It takes care the Windows 10 upgrade annoyance. OR, the next thing you know you will have upgraded to Windows 10!

As for Win 10 being the card problem, I do not know. I have avoided Windows 10 so far.

Thanks !!!! for GWX will look it up. And what do I know about win 10... LOL....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I have had the "BAD" firmware situation a few times over the years. I just re-flashed the firmware and all was well again. As long as the "BAD" message is gone, I would think you should be fine. (I may be wrong, but I cannot see how this would have anything to do with Windows 10.)
    Firmware won't re-flash. "BAD" still there.

Maybe the control.mwm file is bad. Try and reinstall the software to refresh the file. If you need to download again go to http://www.carvewright.com/designer-archive/

Last night I shut everything down and now this morning when I start everything up again I go to “Flash Manager” and the ”BAD” is gone and I am able to re-install the firmware. Go Figure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast