Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant Rear Roller Error

Default Constant Rear Roller Error

I keep getting a constant rear roller error which causes the project to stop. I have blown out the roller too many times to count and the roller is moving freely when moved up and down by hand. Sensor check shows the roller uncompressed without a board. Frustrated, thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I keep getting a constant rear roller error which causes the project to stop. I have blown out the roller too many times to count and the roller is moving freely when moved up and down by hand. Sensor check shows the roller uncompressed without a board. Frustrated, thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

John
    Check out the following document. It explains how to check and clean the compression roller switches. If they check out to be okay you may have a board sensor problem.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...ng_rollers.pdf
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-27-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post

Thanks,

John
    if your having that type of problem change the switch they are not that much I had to change mine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Check out the following document. It explains how to check and clean the compression roller switches. If they check out to be okay you may have a board sensor problem.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...ng_rollers.pdf
    As stated, followed these directions many times blowing the dust out of the roller and have checked the sensor in the keyboard menu which says the roller is fine. When the project is running is when the problem arises and forces the project to stop.

Like Henry said, you will probably have to replace the sensor switches. It may be an intermittent contact in the switch itself that causes the problem.
    Edit: it could be many other things also, including a power supply or even a controller. If you decide to replace the compression roller switches and that doesn't work you're going to have to give tech-support a call.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-27-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Steve

The switch is a indicator.

3 things that can cause the switch to change states and indicate released....

1. In or Out Feed roller set too high raising the board and letting the roller drop...

2. Did the rubber roller drop into a carve region? We saw that here about 2 weeks ago where the carve region was too close to the board edge and the roller fell into the void.

3. One of the screws going into the bottom of the smooth rails is loose.

3 WAG's.... Wild AL Guess's....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Or similar to Al's 3, the head may not be level.

Thanks guys, I will check all of these out.

9. Default

Probably not your problem, but I noticed when I use rout the edge, the roller would drop into the routed slot and cause a roller error, I just reset it and slightly pushed the board forward to kind of help it out of the rut.

I am having it stay compressed and have opened the side and can see that it is not dropping far enough for the switch to show as released. I have had the machine parked for several years due to life... I am going to try and release the two screws that hold the roller in and clean where it rest... I think that the issue may be that it has a layer that has hardened while resting so long. Good idea or bad idea? any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast