Thread: check cut motor... :(

Default check cut motor... :(

Finally had a chance to try out the new machine from several months ago. When I first got it I checked that it moved the board and measured but that was it. Fast forward to today having added dust collection and was ready to run a project - everything was going dandy up until it was time to cut. No response from the motor. The cut motor test says it's running but it's not. What's the first place I should be looking?

Fortunately, the first machine that I had and was acting up back in the winter (which is why I bought the second machine) decided to go ahead and work again so I'm able to get something done.

Cover switch, take off your dust hood (temporarily)as a test and see if it will carve. Good luck.

Like Mike1 said, verify that the clear cover is not in contact with the dust collection attachment and keeping the cover from going all of the way down to make the switch contact. If so cut the cover a bit to get the needed clearance.

Side note: During the start up always pay attention to the cut motor to make sure it spins up during the bit installation process. Catching it then will help prevent broken bits when It does start to carve.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I really thought I had cut that cover back far enough. Finally had a chance to get back to it tonight. Removed the dust collector hood and ran the cut motor test - ran just fine. Will have to cut the cover back some more and give it another go.

Thanks for the help!