Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z axis stall

Quote Originally Posted by austcrow View Post
    Machine makes really loud high pitch sounds as soon as it’s powered on.
    h. The Z truck sensor check numbers do not change when the machine is moved up and down by hand
    i. The Y truck sensor check numbers do not change when the machine is moved by hand
    Everything else you reported seems ok to me. Where is the loud pitch comming from? Could it be the power supply?

h and i indicate a problem. The controller is not getting motor position data from these motors.

It could be the 5v system is shorted. (Have you played with the board sensor under the y truck? Maybe pulled on the wires?)

Or, it could be a bad connection. Check all the ribbon connections on the Head Terminaton board. It is right beside the Y motor.

I had a very similar issue a few years back. I had my main board checked and supposedly fixed, but the issue remained with the repaired board. I eventually tracked it down to one of the screws that holds the power supply. I had the machine on it's side and I could tap the board and get a failure. I tighten the screw up and have been happily printing until a few weeks ago. The PSU went and it's anA machine and they don't stock them anymore. I'm awaiting a new board and cables that are backward compatible. The cables are back order and it's been 6 weeks now... I asked if I could get the board repaired but they don't offer that and they don't have schematics so I could try to fix it myself. I'm guessing it's the power transistors for the 24 volts. I know the 24 volts has gone as I measured for it. I might just remove them and see if I can find an equivalent. It might faster...

Anyway try checking the screws on the power supply. I also would check that all cables are seated tight. I had a door open issue and that turned out to be the cable was not square on the connector. Of course it only occurs 2 hours into a 2:15 minute carve - Murphy's Law!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12