Thread: Off center

Default Off center

Created a design. Centered it on the board. It gets carved 1/2" off center. It is moved away from the edge that has the display (towards the center of the machine) if this makes a difference. It is both the image and the centerline text. I used this design a few times and the results were fine. Now it's off center. This has happened a few times before with other designs and then seemed to "self correct," which is annoying because I don't know why it corrected.
    It is most likely something I've done, but no idea what that is. I just checked the design again to be sure I didn't move something around by mistake. It shows centered.

Things to check/verify, When it measures the width of the board insure that the truck travels/sees the edges of the board and does not stop short of getting to the edges. This most often will happen when you are using a jig/sled and you have a gap between the board edge and the sled rails.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks. I didn't use a sled. Maybe the truck is hanging up and I just didn't notice? It seems odd that it ran this design just fine several times and now not so much.

Was the board the same width? Or Wider? Did it say Place on CORNER?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Same width. There was no message about Place on corner. Could the color of the board have any impact?

Remember the board detector works on reflective light off the board. So YES, the color of the board does make a difference. The Board detector looks at the reflective light then when it drops off that is the board edge. The sensor has 2 LED's and a Sensor in the middle. Overtime the sensor window gets dirty and that results in lower reflective light being seen.

A quick test of the board sensor is to place a sheet of white copy paper on the board and crank it down. Move the head over to the paper and select the Board Sensor Data. A 156 is perfect... a 90 would be a dirty window. A FSC Cable going bad would cause this too.

On a dark board you can put masking tape on the board edges in width so it finds the correct width.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09540_WEB.jpg   DSC09541_WEB.jpg   BS1.jpg   BS3.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com