Thread: Logo on Chevron

Default Logo on Chevron

All,

I am attempting to put a Civil Engineering logo on a retiring Chief's shadowbox. I have made three runs, and cannot get the appropriate detail in the logo as I would like. It essentially looks like a silhouette.

I have adjusted depth, puffing, etc, and still cannot get the detail in the logo.

Anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Unfortunately the file is 5.1 MB, so I cannot attach here.

Mike

Here is the logo piece and the chevron, and images....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chevron.bmp   CE.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

4.321" dia

If you are running Designer 3, set you carving bot to 1/32. If it looks cleaner (and it will) get a 1/32 bit and use that. If you don't want to do the whole project with the pointy bit. do the carve in 2 passes. place a zero depth carve out area over the logo and "hide" the logo, save that as pass 1. Un-hide the logo and hide every thing else - save that as pass 2. You can upload pass 2 as optimal. When you carve it do pass 1, don't remove the board or turn turn the machine off - just go to pass 2 and the board will already be measured. Just answer the questions, install the 1/32 bit, and the carve will start.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com