Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for some of your scrap wood

If that's all made using scrap wood, I don't have a clue what scrap wood is. ... my scrap is basically cutoffs from a larger project.... maybe I should start keeping larger pieces of scrap. Thanks for sharing

Default Cleaning and vacuum

I don't like to cut the lid on my CW. Use a fluorescent light tube cut to length with about a 45 degree angle. Your small shop vacuum hose works well with the angle end slide it through the slot on top and let it rest against your work piece.
    ((NOTE only after the CW is finished measuring and selecting the assortment of your chosen bits for a project.)) Just as it starts to carve with the vacuum on slide it into place and watch the dust go into the vacuum. Cost about $4.00
    A second idea is using a wax removal brush for project cleaning without using wire brush or sanding mops. The best brush I have found is item #142901 it fits into your hand held drill and cleans without burning or damaging the project. It saves a lot of time. If I don't get into trouble they are available at Woodworkers Supply. Cost is just over $30.00
    Woodpecker

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
    I don't like to cut the lid on my CW. Use a fluorescent light tube cut to length with about a 45 degree angle. Your small shop vacuum hose works well with the angle end slide it through the slot on top and let it rest against your work piece.
    ((NOTE only after the CW is finished measuring and selecting the assortment of your chosen bits for a project.)) Just as it starts to carve with the vacuum on slide it into place and watch the dust go into the vacuum. Cost about $4.00
    Cost of new Controller due to static discharge: $300.00

I have seen too many controllers fried by people putting a shop vac into the machine. Be warned!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks for the information. Do you have any other ideas to keep from cutting the lid?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
    Thanks for the information. Do you have any other ideas to keep from cutting the lid?
    I think the RingNeckBlues DC Insert has instructions on their website about how to do it without cutting the lid. I'm not sure if Erwin's Dust Devil has that option.

Cutting the lid does not invalidate your warranty. It is a very good idea to just cut the lid. Make sure, if you do cut it, that you cut to the measurement it says. Do not cut it short or vibration will make the switch disengage.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12