Thread: Assistance

Default Assistance

DSCN1724.jpg (845.7 KB)

Would anyone be willing to turn this into a pattern? I want to carve several at a time. It is 7.25" tall and 4.50" at the widest. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1723.JPG   DSCN1724.jpg  

If you just need the shape of it, use the free drawing tools.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Or, trace it on paper with a dark pen, maybe color it, then import the image as a pattern. put the pattern on a board, outline it and delete the pattern. Then cut it out using the path you created.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

You can also do it an easy way.

Import the image into Blender and outline the cutout figure using vert extrusions.

Use the fill command.

Extrude the object.

Using the properties panel resize the 3d mesh to exact dimensions.

Export as an stl.

Import stl into designer and resave to library for posterity. Done!

lol Just kidding. This is the hardest way to do it but it only took about 3 minutes (took much longer to type this and upload the pattern).

The other two methods are much easier to accomplish. You do need a scanner or digital camera to get the image into your computer for the second method. You can build any shape using the line and arc tools as Connie suggested. Both of those methods are fairly easy though can take a little bit of practice for proficiency but they open all sorts of new options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW bracket.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cjudas View Post
    DSCN1724.jpg (845.7 KB)

Would anyone be willing to turn this into a pattern? I want to carve several at a time. It is 7.25" tall and 4.50" at the widest. Thank you in advance for any help.
    Hi cjudas; I used your photo with Photoshop and covered your "scroll cut out" with black and made the background with white and saved that image to make the pattern. you only need one PTN file to make the MPC file. I like to give the carving a 3d look so I used ShaderMap Pro to give one side a rounded look. You can also do that with the new CW Pattern Editor programs. I only have the 1.187 designer program with the older pattern editor.

To make the Photo Frame Holder; load the PTN file for one side and Mirror the PTN file to make the other side. The back side will be flat - that is where you mount the hinges. If you would like the Pattern files, send me a "PM" with your e-mail. Hope this helps. BJB

If you only want just the cutouts - change the Depth to Zero - on each PTN image. To make it on a six inch wide board - stack the four images; make sure you have a right and left PTN image. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails il_fullxfull.651879119_6g7z.jpg   DSCN1723_DISP-cw.PNG   DSCN1723_DISP+Depth set to Zero.PNG   DSCN1723_DISP+.png  

DSCN1723_DISP-.png   DSCN1723_DISP- image.PNG   DSCN1723_DISP- 2-cw.PNG   DSCN1723_Normal.PNG  

Last edited by bjbethke; 05-10-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.