Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chippendale style footstool

Default Chippendale style footstool

Finally done with the project. It was a ton of fun to design but not as much to make but still a bit of fun. The project is in black walnut. The legs were glued up boards to make a 3"x3" posts that I used the band saw to cut the profile. And a lot of chisel, wood files, and sand paper to shape them.

I highly recommend a project like this. The legs were intimidating to me at first but what I learned is they are actually fairly simple to make. They are extremely forgiving to mess ups. You just need more sand paper.

On the down side they are very labor intensive in shaping and cleaning the tool marks. Took me about 4 hours per leg to shape and to carve out the claws. You can see where I missed a few of the tool marks but overall I am completely happy with this piece. Not perfect by any stretch but for my first one I am pleased. Learned a lot for something I will probably not do again but that is okay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chippendale style footrest.jpg   chippendale style footstool.jpg  

Wow Oscar, Very impressive.

Dale, thanks.

I did nerd out a little bit. I carved an Air Force badge on the back side for myself. This is an Air Force Chippendale inspired footstool. One of a kind. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4200.jpg  

A great design Oscar. It really turned out nice. Only the maker would be able to find anything wrong.

That is nice well deserved nice work
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

that is a great job, if that was that much work I would say you need a place to put your feet up on.....

Agree, Great Job! The walnut really sets it off nicely!

Thank you all. Again highly recommend a project with carved dragon clawed foot legs. At least one project to say you did it. They were surprisingly easy. Just a ton of work to do.

9. Default

I have to say its one of the nicest pieces I have seen on here or most other woodworking places I lurk. Congratulations.

Wow, very professional. Great work, thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast