Thread: Help reinstalling software

Default Help reinstalling software

I replaced my computer a while back and need to reinstall my carvewright software, mostly for the scanning of some of my carvings.
    I checked the machine to get the numbers from it and the card that was left in it. Here is what it showed:
    Firmware version 1.126
    Secondary Revision 7
    Firmware build 0123:161657

Here is a list of the updates I've downloaded over the years, though apparently I'm using 1.126 and it was working well on that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0Carvewright02.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	80779

I have the scanning probe as well.
    I also have quite a few patterns that I bought.

Any help on installing the software to get back to where I was before the computer replacement would be greatly appreciated.

I was hoping to scan some of the carvings I've done since I changed computers and get them uploaded to the carvewright pattern store.

Thank you. ~Mike Leslie
    autobodyman
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns

Go into your account on carvewright you should be able to download the 187 that a free one for the machine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Mike,

First you need to down load the software... http://www.carvewright.com/project-designer/

Since you are already a registered user and IF you have only activated the software on ONE computer you should be able to get all back to normal by going to the help tab, manage license. http://support.carvewright.com/softw...ation/#install

If you have 2 computers already set up you will need to call CarveWright to get the old one removed..

Any purchased patterns from the Depot can be downloaded from your user account.
    Last edited by fwharris; 04-28-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Follow these instructions, if you already have a Customer Account:

INSTALLATION OF LATEST VERSION

1. If you have an old disk of the Project Designer Software, throw it in the trash
    2. If you installed software from an old disk or if you were running version 1.182 or older, go into your control panel and remove the CarveWright installation NOTE: Patterns & Projects should NEVER be saved into the CW Program files folder. Make sure you save any .mpc or .ptn that you created and stored in this folder before you wipe the folder out. Any store bought .ptns can be redownloaded from your Customer Account (instructions below).
    3. Download the correct version of Project Designer:

· Project Designer BASIC - http://www.carvewright.com/updates/
    · Project Designer PRO 3 v3.xxx - http://www.carvewright.com/update3/
    · Any older Project Designer Version including Version 2 - http://www.carvewright.com/designer-archive/

1. Ignore any security warnings. Since Microsoft & other security software applications have never heard of CarveWright, you may get security warnings that we are not safe; select to Allow or Continue anyway.
    2. You will be given the option to RUN or SAVE (OPEN IN FOLDER)
      1. Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 operating systems:
        Do Not select Run & go to step 6
      2. Windows XP operating systems:
        Click Run & go to step 9
      3. Mac operating systems:
        Follow the Mac Installation Instructions (page 7 - http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...tart_Guide.pdf) Make sure you put the file in the Applications folder. Also, newer MAC versions will need to reinstall x11 and turn off AppNap.

3. Save the file into your Downloads folder or somewhere that you can find it; or click Open in Folder
    4. Find the Application file that you just downloaded or opened in a folder that is named “Designer_#_###” (last number will change with each update)
    5. Right-Click on it and select "Run As Administrator" from the menu to install
    6. Follow the installation wizard. Do not change the location of where it is putting your software.
    7. Unselect and/or disregard the “Read Me” file instructions

REGISTRATION OF PROJECT DESIGNER

1. After installed, you will need to register the software to your existing Customer Account (You must have licenses available. If you don't call or email us and tell us what computer to deactivate by the "description" you gave to your computer.)
    2. Find the Project Designer Icon on your Desktop
      1. Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 operating systems:
        Right-click on the icon and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
      2. Windows XP operating systems:
        Double-click to open

3. If you have the option to CONTINUE WITHOUT ACTIVATION, you can select that and go to HELP > MANAGE LICENSES > UPDATE LICENSES.
    4. If you are an educator, click USE EDUCATOR LICENSES, so that multiple users can log in with different usernames & passwords,
    5. Then select register ONLINE and the option that says "I Already Have A CarveWright Customer Account"
    6. You will need to know your Customer Account username & password to register
    7. Your Customer Account password can be reset, if you cannot remember it. You must know your username & email address. Call LHR, if you do not know it. DO NOT try to create a New Customer Account as your machine serial number is already registered to YOU and that is where any other licenses that you have are registered
    8. You will be given an opportunity to click on a box to add any of your additional add-on, pattern, collection or project licenses. Make sure you scroll down and get them all.

RE-DOWNLOADING LICENSED PATTERNS & PROJECTS

1. Log into your Customer Account at www.carvewright.com under Quick Links (bottom of page)
    2. Next to each pattern, collection and project is a download link
    3. Double click on the ptn or mpl file to upload into Project Designer's Pattern Library
    4. Remember projects are saved to your computer and never uploaded into your Pattern Library

NOTE: STORE ACCOUNT (where you make online purchases) & CUSTOMER ACCOUNT (where you register computers, machine & licenses) are two separate pieces of software and may have different usernames & passwords.
    NOTE: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 users may want to right-click on your Project Designer Software icon > go to PROPERTIES > then ADVANCED PROPERTIES (may be named something similar) and find the option to ALWAYS RUN THIS APPLICATION AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Call us at 713-473-6572, if you still need assistance.

CarveWright Customer Service
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 04-29-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added NOTE from Berg suggestion
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!