Thread: Tapered Candle Holders With Opposing Twists

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tapered Candle Holders With Opposing Twists

Dan Bergerud and I have been conversing on modifications to the original Carvewright Rotary Jig to make it a little easier to use and to calibrate. This is my first project after making most of his modifications. It's an old project that I have made before and one of the more complicated ones so I thought it would put the new modifications to a really good test. The calibration test only needed a slight advance using the arrow keys on the first attempt. After that, I ran it several more times turning the machine off and removing the jig between each try and each one was dead on the money. No adjustments using the arrow keys to advance or retard the rotation was necessary on all successive attempts.

The project itself ran perfectly the very first time and made a full revolution plus about 5% when I forced the over-carve.

I cannot overemphasize my gratitude to Dan for all of his hard work, thought and planning to make this happen. At least for me, the jig is now an absolute joy to use.

The wood is Cherry and they are about 11" tall and about 2 3/4" in diameter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CH-Cherry-4.jpg   CH-Cherry-1.jpg  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-20-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    Steve