Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cut motor

Default cut motor

my CW tells me to check cut motor i find nothing ... i then push enter ... get a y axes error .... same thing over and over again... i just got this machine on Friday ....

Some more information would be helpful. What is your project (post it if you are able), what operation is going on, what bit or bits, how far did you get on your project before the error, photos if applicable.

Try to use the measure board function from the keypad and see if you get the same error. Be sure the board is flat, square, has 90 degree corners and parallel sides. If you still get the same error you most likely are having a problem with one of the cover switches.
    Steve

Do you get this within 2 minutes of the machine starting a project for the first time. Motor stops and you get a message, Check Cut Motor... (CCM). You press enter and the machine continues. ?

Try this, Turn machine off, wait then turn it back on. Run a small project and expect a CCM. Let project complete.

Run the project again without turning the power off and expect to NOT get the CCM as long as you don't turn the power off.

If this is the case... This is a normal "Quirk" of the machine.

I saw you joined this month. Is the machine used? Normally this does not happen to a new machine.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

it is the lid not engaging the censers both sides ... tried to readjust both censors nothing ... i can put a small peace of card board in both side works fine ...

The clear cover might be out of alignment. Try adjusting the hinges to see if that fixes it..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Critters26 View Post
    it is the lid not engaging the censers both sides ... tried to readjust both censors nothing ... i can put a small peace of card board in both side works fine ...
    When I need to bypass the cover switches I use a small piece of clear plastic. The stuff that they use to cover small parts when you buy them and need a sharp knife or a pair of scissors to cut off.
    Steve

So are you saying the Cut Motor WILL NOT RESTART?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I did that all ready nothing .... it is all the same ...

Does the spindle turn when you start the carve?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast