Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood Wow

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Paul, its Oscar.

I'm in Bossier City. Its kind of a suburb of Shreveport. North West part of the state and about 15 miles from the Texas border. I'm retired Air Force so I have access to the base here. They have a decent wood shop and they stock cherry, black walnut, oak, maple, and occassionally red cedar. You can special order the more common exotic hardwoods but the more exotics are not carried. I am sure they would not be able to order Granadillo. There are three CW users in the area that I know of.
    About 5 hours out.. Not sure why I thought Shreveport was closer. I'm active Marine down on the Naval base south of NOLA. I frequent a place called Riverside Lumber over here and they have most anything and can special order most if they don't have it so long as you have the money to back it.
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

I frequently take my wife with me to Peterman Lumber in Fontana. She helps me pick the wood and while I go to the office to pay she admires all the exotics I can't afford. Also taking her I get to use the carpool lane on the 60 Freeway thru Riverside.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12