Thread: Driving Me Crazy

Default Driving Me Crazy

This is a simple thing, but it's driving me crazy. I just want to do a simple sign with a carve region, but seems no matter what I do the software won't recognize the drawn figure as a closed shape. I've gone thru the checking end points, toggle end points etc...and they all seem to connect... here's the mpc...hope someone can see what I'm Missing.

Thanks!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

[QUOTE=fwharris;256783]You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.[/QUOTE

Yep tried that too...and tried deleting all lines and curves, redrawing each individually setting each end point on a (snap to) grid intersection, zoom in to each end point to check they coencide and still no go with carve region...

Still driving me crazy.

OK so I gave up....instead of trying to use lines and curves, used rectangular carve region at depth 0.5" and then used four circular carve regions at the corners with zero depth. Crazy but it works... Thanks!

[QUOTE=ronboley;256788]
    Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You can not connect mirrored lines. Try copy and rotate to get them to connect.[/QUOTE

Yep tried that too...and tried deleting all lines and curves, redrawing each individually setting each end point on a (snap to) grid intersection, zoom in to each end point to check they coencide and still no go with carve region...

Still driving me crazy.
    I used your latest design and was able to close all ends. A small amount of movement and the red dots closed.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Ron,

Here is a link to a short video on how to draw a rectangle with internal radiused corners.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0j...ew?usp=sharing
    Steve

If it's any consolation, I've discovered that figuring these things out is a tough task for someone with ADD. It is frustrating to be learning instead of doing. Really wish I still had a wood-burning fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Here is a link to a short video on how to draw a rectangle with internal radiused corners.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0j...ew?usp=sharing
    Great little video Steve, presentation is very easy to follow.