Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with OSU logo

See if you can open this and trace it. Just draw splines to follow the curves. (This is from the 2d advanced import to trace feature.)

After you have traced all the curves, copy and paste them all onto a new board.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    See if you can open this and trace it. Just draw splines to follow the curves. (This is from the 2d advanced import to trace feature.)

After you have traced all the curves, copy and paste them all onto a new board.
    Okay, thank you ! I will play with it this week and see how it goes. . . I think you mean to use the primitives and click, click, click around the picture?

Here is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by sshelle View Post
    How cool! Thank you! We ran it and it came out great! We would like one without the deep mustache. . .I'll have to find a Pete without the black-colored hair and mustache. What software are you using? I think we'd like to buy some! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
    I use several programs to make my Outline images. To make the font images I use Vector Magic programs. You need to replace the font program to see the new changes. I used Cap letters O, P, and R. The Sketch Me More is a free program from Windows 8 and 10

Note; Centerline carves the center of the Black line in the image. If you use the "V" bits to carve a Black line it will carve the outside of the black line. That is why I like to use Fonts to carve the center. The images you make are called Dingbats'. That name came from using Hand Set type on the old newspaper machines - they were use to fill in the blank space in the printing Chase. I have an old Linotype and Ludlow machine to make that type. I used it to make Rubber Stamps. The computer killed that type of a Job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High-Logic Font Creater.PNG   P Pete Three Center line carvings  Used O P and R -CW.PNG   Sketch Me More.PNG   PP Vector Magic.PNG  

Last edited by bjbethke; 04-17-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Unless I've totally missed the mark, Oscar and I have already done this for you. See post #4. I can attach the DXF if you need it.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-17-2016 at 09:34 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Unless I've totally missed the mark, Oscar and I have already done this for you. See post #4. I can attach the DXF if you need it.
    Hi; I think he was looking for a Centerline carving, With a DXF file you are not carving the center - It carves the two outsides. With a font you can carve the image three ways. Centerline, Outline and Raster. BJB

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

I agree Steve. What you had looked good. I think there was some mind changing going on and what you had was forgotten. I think the problem here is to get the mustache into the foreground. I think it should really be a carving. Do some shading and run it through Shadermap.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I agree Steve. What you had looked good. I think there was some mind changing going on and what you had was forgotten. I think the problem here is to get the mustache into the foreground. I think it should really be a carving. Do some shading and run it through Shadermap.
    Hi; you think this will work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Used ShaderMap Pro image.PNG   B AND W OFFICIAL PETE FACE_DISP-cw.PNG  

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    I use several programs to make my Outline images. To make the font images I use Vector Magic programs. You need to replace the font program to see the new changes. I used Cap letters O, P, and R. The Sketch Me More is a free program from Windows 8 and 10

Note; Centerline carves the center of the Black line in the image. If you use the "V" bits to carve a Black line it will carve the outside of the black line. That is why I like to use Fonts to carve the center. The images you make are called Dingbats'. That name came from using Hand Set type on the old newspaper machines - they were use to fill in the blank space in the printing Chase. I have an old Linotype and Ludlow machine to make that type. I used it to make Rubber Stamps. The computer killed that type of a Job.
    Ta da! The second Pistol Pete font "O" is what we were looking for! Put it on a 4" board to see how it looked and scaled, and voila! Thank you thank you thank you! Is Font Generator 9.1 the software you used?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	80647

I tried something like that as well. I could not get the height of the mustache to be below the nose and yet above the face.

Edit: looks like all is well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast