Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with OSU logo

Quote Originally Posted by sshelle View Post
    I'm trying to download this image, and it says it was created with a newer version of software, yet my computer says I have the latest. . . version 1.187. . . but it won't let me open the file! Did I miss a step somewhere?

Vector Group is part of Designer version 3. I could try to make a pattern but that would defeat the vector group idea (V-carve). My previous post of Pistol Pete.mpc is a Designer 1.187 file.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-12-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    Steve

Lolololololol. . . durtdawber
    Last edited by sshelle; 04-16-2016 at 11:02 AM. Reason: went to general post

Gee, I thought you were talking about Brutus Buckeye!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marsam531 View Post
    Gee, I thought you were talking about Brutus Buckeye!!!!!
    Is this the Guy you are looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buckeye 55_vectorized_DISP-cw.PNG  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    When I use the Centerline function; I like to make the pattern in a Font. My Font Generator cost about $80.00 - You need to load the font in your computer to see the image.
    I have downloaded the Pistol Pete font into the Carvewright folder, and it shows as a font when I go to add text to a project. What do I type to get one of the Pete heads to show up? Is there a letter or number associated with the Pete head font? This is my first font attempt with a picture. Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by sshelle View Post
    I have downloaded the Pistol Pete font into the Carvewright folder, and it shows as a font when I go to add text to a project. What do I type to get one of the Pete heads to show up? Is there a letter or number associated with the Pete head font? This is my first font attempt with a picture. Thank you for your help!
    It is the CAP. letter P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pistol Pete  (P) Font image.PNG   Use Captial  P.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 04-17-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

It is the CAP. letter P
    How cool! Thank you! We ran it and it came out great! We would like one without the deep mustache. . .I'll have to find a Pete without the black-colored hair and mustache. What software are you using? I think we'd like to buy some! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Default This Pete

It is the CAP. letter P
    I need to try to get this un-blackened hair/mustache into a font. . . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	petee.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	80624

There is no point in making a font out of it. You just need to trace it and use a V bit. The point of a font or a vector group is that the wider parts get cut deeper. If all the lines are the same width, there is no point.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    There is no point in making a font out of it. You just need to trace it and use a V bit. The point of a font or a vector group is that the wider parts get cut deeper. If all the lines are the same width, there is no point.
    We've tried tracing the image in SAI Paint and then importing the JPG into Carvewright, but it still doesn't look right. Is there a way to trace a picture in the Carvewright software (I have version 1.187)?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast