Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flapper won't come out.

Default Flapper won't come out.

Got done with the carving, and put in the cutting bit. Now the flapper starts to come out, and stops before the bit can touch off of it. Checked it, and it moves freely. Went ahead and blew it out with compressed air. Still seems to move freely and tried it again with the same result. So any ideas about what is going on here?

Dave

The truck may be hitting the wires leading to the cut motor, upper right hand corner of the cover.

Sometimes on the right back corner, the power cord interferes with the movement of the z-truck over to the slap plate.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Sometimes on the right back corner, the power cord interferes with the movement of the z-truck over to the slap plate.
    Seems strange it did not happen during the carving part, only when it came to the cutout process.

It could be dust built up on the Y rails and Y bearings. Give them a good wipe down with WD-40 and lube them.

PS the flapper is called the "bit plate"
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The bit plate does not come out except to check the bit length so when carving the Y truck never goes that far over. It worked ok when you installed the bit to start the carve so something happened in the interim. With the power turned off can you push the Y truck over far enough to pop the pit plate out? Dirty rollers, Y belt tension, warn Y gear?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    The bit plate does not come out except to check the bit length so when carving the Y truck never goes that far over. It worked ok when you installed the bit to start the carve so something happened in the interim. With the power turned off can you push the Y truck over far enough to pop the pit plate out? Dirty rollers, Y belt tension, warn Y gear?
    Clint
    Well, I cleaned and lubed the rails. I also checked, and the Z truck does not hit any of the cables. When I easily slide it all the way over the Z truck seems to stop just a little short,like it is hitting something, the bit plate starts to come out and stops short. If I push it over with a fair amount of force, the bit plate pops out just fine. I can manually operate the bit plate, and it has no feel of resistance. I'll go look at it again.
    Last edited by djarboe; 04-12-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: clarification

It is sometimes the z motor which hits the wires to the cut motor (from the cover switch) that are up in the top right corner of the cover. Hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    It is sometimes the z motor which hits the wires to the cut motor (from the cover switch) that are up in the top right corner of the cover. Hard to see.
    Having taken the top off to check/clean the Z truck encoder, I was careful to replace the wires and cable from hitting the Z motor. Will check it again... nothing to lose at this point.

Well, I checked, and no cables or any other wiring is contacting the Z truck motor/sensor housing.
    Last edited by djarboe; 04-12-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: follow up

It will be the very back Z Servo Motor Cooling FINS that hit the right cover switch wires. If that wire is not pushed into the very back corner then it will hit in a area that you will NOT be able to see... Trust us... It has happened to everyone here at one time or another...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast