Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern for patterndepot

Oscar, I really like your eagle. Look forward to seeing what you do with the fleur de lis.

Sharon, thanks. Here is the first draft of the pattern. I still have to tweak the height on a few bits and smooth out the mesh in a few areas but pretty much done. I'm still looking to see if adding little bits and pieces add anything to the pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Intricate fleur de lis.png   intricate fleur de lis.png  

Oh! Oscar, you out did yourself on that one. That is going to be one beautiful carving.

Sharon, finally got my CW up and running. In the move I somehow ripped my dust collector bag but a new one arrived yesterday so I was finally able to do some carving.

The pattern carved pretty good but I would recommend a larger and deeper carve to show the detail if anyone ever does get it.

The architectural eagle came out pretty much the way I thought it would.

The eagle head was on the money on what I was going for. I went back and forth on whether to throw it into the depot since there are several good ones in there already but what the heck. I guess there will be options if anyone ever is looking for one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4271.JPG   IMG_4270.JPG   IMG_4267.JPG  

Oscar,

All 3 carves came out really nice. good job.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    I am still unpacking and my shop is still not set up but I can't stay away from 3d modeling for too long. Its not an addiction!

After I get my CW set up (hopefully within two weekends) I'll test carve to ensure no issue with the pattern but at least from the computer screen I am super pleased with it. You should hopefully be seeing it in the pattern depot in a few weeks. You can add other piece parts for additional cool patterns.

Already have my next model picked. A fancy fleur de lis. I'll have to see how that carves because it will be fancy and intricate.

Happy 4th of July to all.

-Oscar
    I like the eagle in the round, will you be making this pattern available in the store?
    John

Mike, Thanks.

John, They were all submitted. May take a few days for them to go live.

Default The real fish story

Still practicing my sculpting but I think the pattern came out decent. I'll test carve tomorrow to make sure nothing wrong with it but some ideas for the artistically gifted out there with paint.

If I can ever figure out how to install the bas relief code into blender I may try to rig and pose the model for some action shots.

Hint..hint...for the blender users. Once you have a 3d model you can articulate it to get different poses and angles for different patterns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The real fishing story.png   Northern Pike Fish.jpg  

Oscar,
    Stellar craftsmanship on the patterns.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

WOW Oscar I'm impressed. Your modeling is getting better and better!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast