Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern for patterndepot

Oscarl48,
    Those did turn out great, very impressive.
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Gary thank you. They were fun to make.

Okay, last one in this series. I may come back to this in the future but burning out on architectural elements. I still have to test carve it and see how it looks. I am a little concerned on capturing all the wing detail. I am optimizing at 8 inches across so if I drop it down to 6 or 5 inches it may be okay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW pattern griffin.png  

4. Default

Another very nice one!

Beautiful work! Hope to see it in the Pattern depot.

Thank you. We'll have to see how it carves this weekend. It may require a little tweaking before submitting.

I did the 3d model in the worst possible way of doing it. It has over 3 million vertices. No overall strategy on building the model which is always a bad way of doing things.

The first three patterns in the series have been submitted for consideration to the pattern depot.

I did have to tweak the 3d model a bit (a lot) but in the end I am really pleased with the pattern that came out. The carving was done in 7in x 10in. I did lose some of the detail with the 1/16 bit but I still like the final carving. I'll upload the pattern on Monday for consideration by the CW staff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Griffin.jpg  

I'll be test carving this this weekend if the weather holds. Multi-tasking patterns. I was working on a knight when the discussion of the Pegasus came up so thought it was the perfect model for that. I had only gotten as far as modeling the horse so just added the wings.

Apr 17, 2016 update: Got a little bit of carving in today. Test carved the Pegasus and I think it came out good. Submitting to the pattern store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW pegasus.png   CW pegasus carved.jpg  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 04-17-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: updated image and description

I wish all my models came out like this on the first go round. From the first to the last it just flowed and I am super happy with the end result. I'll carve this weekend but I don't see anything that should be an issue.

Update: Carved the pattern. Really pleased with the outcome. It was carved at .4, small draft and bit optimization to best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winged lion.png   IMG_4206.jpg  

I am still unpacking and my shop is still not set up but I can't stay away from 3d modeling for too long. Its not an addiction!

After I get my CW set up (hopefully within two weekends) I'll test carve to ensure no issue with the pattern but at least from the computer screen I am super pleased with it. You should hopefully be seeing it in the pattern depot in a few weeks. You can add other piece parts for additional cool patterns.

Already have my next model picked. A fancy fleur de lis. I'll have to see how that carves because it will be fancy and intricate.

Happy 4th of July to all.

-Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW architecture eagle.png   Architecture eagle v2.gif  

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast