Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern for patterndepot

Default Pattern for patterndepot

Starting a new thread to show off any new patterns I submit to the pattern depot. Just submitted a baroque style dragon meant to frame a subject. It carved really well. Test carve enclosed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baroque architecture 1.png   baroque style dragon.png  

That did carve nicely. Great work. I will be purchasing that one for sure!

I like dragons and this is one that I'll have to add to my collection. Great job Oscar.

dbemus, Sharon,

Thank you for the kind comments.

Very nice Oscar.

It is one one should have.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

OMG Oscar you're getting better and better! That is a wonderful pattern!

Suzanne, thank you. It still feels like I have a ways to go but I am way further along than when I started.

I've been focusing on learning techniques for architectural scroll figure modeling. I got a little lucky on this one.

Here is my latest effort. I still have to carve it to see how well it carves but I think it should carve well.

Post script: Good thing I posted it before I carved it (I really do need that sign about measuring twic and cutting once).
    After looking at it I realized I had missed an element on the left side. I failed to mirror the figure correctly while I was modeling. It was a 30 second fix. Duplicated right side element, mirrored on x axis and then moved to left side position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Architecteral leaf center.png  

Pattern carved out real well. I also completed a second architectural leaf pattern and test carved it as well. It also carved well. I can tell the bit is starting to get dull.

For fun I slapped a few of the patterns together to see what I could get from them.

I still have 3 or 4 more architectural elements to build that can be used as building blocks to create a larger design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails architectural leaf center.jpg   architectural leaf1.jpg   notional seat back design.png  

9. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scroll.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	415.3 KB 
ID:	80483

On the actual carving it looks like you missed a detail during creation. It is a nice pattern though.

Norm, goes back to the measure twic and cut once. I grabbed the wrong pattern from my library. If you look at the notional design I posted you will see the pattern is fixed. I missed mirroring two elements when I was modeling the pattern. It was an easy fix and the elements are the same in the carving so this test carve is good enough to show me the pattern carves fine. I have deleted the wrong pattern so I'll have to be more creative to mess it up next time.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast