Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pattern for patterndepot

I am going to try to make a few more patterns. Feels like my pattern making and woodworking have slowed down. Too many irons in the fire.

But here is a pattern I will be test carving this weekend. It is based on the church window in the Church of our Lady of the Holy Cross of Menilmontant located in France.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW church window cross.png  

Interesting pattern, might be something that could be used in a lithophane. Either with painted areas or colored LED's . Being backlit should make it pop.
    Thx for sharing, let us see a finished project.
    Rick H

Rick, that is a cool idea. I plan on making a series of patterns based on historical church windows and they may look really cool as a lithos series. Might have to order some corian.

Oscar

Finally got to test carving the patterns I had on my to test list.

The test board is 7x12 for sense of size. No tear out on the church window at .25 depth, 100 height, no draft, carving normal. So really happy with the carve.

No issues with any of the other patterns either.

I've started building Family Crest elements. The sword and helmet at the ones I will be going with. Still not happy with the shield design I want to use and what decorative embellishments I want.

These patterns will be submitted today and hopefully live in a week or two at the latest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW test carve.png   IMG_5386.jpg  

Really impressive carving! Nicely balanced layout!

Thank you. Always fun to get into the workshop.

some medieval and modern hand weapons. I still have to test carve at some point in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW going medievel.png  

Finally had a chance to do some test carves. Submitted to the store for acceptance for the depot.

I was not happy with the ornamental shield so will throw into my personal library instead. Also submitted some other patterns I have previously carved for personal projects. The scrap poplar was a little different in size than I remembered so rearranged the patterns for the test carve but didn't update the picture but the same patterns.

If accepted they should go live in a week or two.

As with all my patterns, prior to purchase please download the "Try" version to see if they will work for you.

Post Script: The folks are CW have generously approved the patterns and are now live at the depot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW old wagon wheel].png   CW test carve2.png   IMG_5403 small.JPG   IMG_5404 small.JPG  

Last edited by oscarl48; 01-29-2019 at 06:30 PM.

New batch of patterns just uploaded to the store. Should go live in a week or two normally. The test carve was done on 7"x12" poplar board at .25 depth and normal quality. No sanding other than knocking off a few fuzzies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-04-05 18_05_27-Window.png   IMG_5548 small.JPG  

Another batch going into the depot.

Test carve done on a 7x15 in poplar board for reference. I did have some tear out on the hand grenade pull ring so made it thicker. Should reduce tear out but recommend adding some draft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-15 18_21_56-Window.png   IMG_6019 small.jpg  

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast