Thread: This would make a great carving !

Default This would make a great carving !

Maybe a pierce carving with the 2" carving bit and heck lets throw in some plexi and a light source. What a great carve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carving.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	80399

I saw it earlier today and was thinking the same, Canemaker... I thought about a litho, though..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	80400
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

Really interesting idea. One of my many other hobbies is doing stained glass. I can see doing the wood carving of the hands as a cut out on top the glass. Possibly in different species to show the diversity of man. It would be easy to frame then the color of glass with the wood foreground would be amazing I think. Have to ponder the design.

Super fast hand modeling so not great but good enough for proof of concept design. I couldn't find a rigged 3d model hand that would work well with blender.

Pattern concept is okay (a good starting point) but I think this is far as I am going. I have too many other brands in the fire right now. I am enclosing what I have so far if someone wants to continue developing the pattern. I liked the idea of having the cross area raised but the pattern is just the hands so can do other things with it if you want.

Cool picture and idea.

Regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cross with hands 1.png   cross with hands 2.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice Great detail! Looks good ether way.
    Lee
    Pop's Fix It Shop, We won't make it any worse.. Using "A" machines 1.187 1.188 ,2.007, 3.103
    2 Machines no waiting.