Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to put multiple plackards on a single board

Considering the shere volume I have to make I was hoping to have the carvewright do the cutting. All I have are hand saws and one battery operated circular saw.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Do you want the Carvewright to cut individual placards for you, or would you do that with a saw?

Post an example and we will figure out a way.

Lots of ways to do this, but this is one way taking into account the tools that you have on hand. I laid this out so that a sled is not required, but I would actually still recommend a sled and lay it out a bit differently so you could have virtually no waste. I just used snap to grid with .5" grid lines to do this. I did not use cutout so that the individual placards could be butted one against the other. I used the 1/8" cutting bit and left my own tabs to hold the parts in place. You could easily cut the tabs with a hand saw. I did not take into account the width of the cutting bit, so the placards are a bit undersized, but the lines could be moved to get exactly 3 x 10 if that is important. Also it this mpc does violate the 7" rule by 1/16" but again that can be altered fairly easily. I did not change the text but I'm sure you can do that.

If you are using standard size lumber there may be other ways to lay this out to minimize waste. Let us know what size stock you have available.

Hope this helps. If not, let us know.

(Others please note this is a 2-sided operation and Designer 1.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placards front.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	80383 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placards rear.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	80384
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DickB; 03-23-2016 at 11:07 PM.

How I would set this up for multi carvings in a sled. It can be set up to do as many in a set as you feel comfortable with. Shorter in length carve runs will better and easier to set up tracking versus the time and set up of out feed supports.

This one is set up for doing 9 at a time and cutting the back side and cutting the fronts like DickB set it up. It can be expanded to how many you want in X 3s.

For the text I just copied and pasted it for 9 on the board. In the MPC you will see I grouped it into sets for ease of alignment. To change/edit for the 100 you have to make, just select the text and then do an edit to change the names. This allows you to keep the same sized text for each one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sled set up.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I think if I were doing this in your case... I would "Phone a Friend"..... One of your friends must have a Table Saw.... I would cut the blanks and using a sled that has side rails like the picture, place the blanks to only cut the text. I would use the drill hole function to drill a 1/8th inch hole in the sled rails to mark the placement of the blanks. In theory you could make a sled to hold 10 blanks. Just use tape to hold the blank to the side rail that is the same height as the blank.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06957_WEB.jpg   DSC03194_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12