Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to put multiple plackards on a single board

Default How to put multiple plackards on a single board

Hello. I know this may sound elementary but I'm drawing a blank. I was just contacted by a business owner in Arizona who would like me to bid for a project. He's deals with plants and doing a design where he needs 200 signs. all of the 3x10 with a routed out groove on the back to attach a metal stake which will be flush to the sign. I made a template for one sign with both centerline letters and raster so he can choose one.
    Making each individual sign is fine but Im drawing a blank on how to make multiple signs on a larger board lets say a 10X30or even larger 10X60. that size doesn't actually matter Im just trying to figure out how to do as many as I can on a single board so I can save on materials. I would hate to have to carve 200 17x4 boards if I don't have to.
    I may have to board size listed backwards if I do I apologize.

Thank you
    Ambrose.

I do not understand the problem. Just copy and paste the sign along the board? Maybe if you post an attempt, it will make more sense to me.

Copy and Paste?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I agree with copy and paste, but if you need a 17 x 4 board for a 3 x 10 project, it tells me you are not using a sled or jig. You should consider it. You will save a lot of material, especially with a multiples project such as yours, and there are other advantages. I use a sled for nearly all my projects.

As bergerud said, post your mpc or a screen shot to help get better suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I agree with copy and paste, but if you need a 17 x 4 board for a 3 x 10 project, it tells me you are not using a sled or jig. You should consider it. You will save a lot of material, especially with a multiples project such as yours, and there are other advantages. I use a sled for nearly all my projects.

As bergerud said, post your mpc or a screen shot to help get better suggestions.
    Great idea! While on is carving you can be detailing the others. Less tracking issues as well.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

There may not be a problem but I just cant wrap my head around the issue. I have 200 placards to make they are all different as far as the names go but the same other wise. The way ive done a couple signs in the past was to have the project board to be an inch less then the board im carving as well as the overall length and everything came out right but I was only making one placard on one board. I was hoping that I could get as many as I could on a board and instead of having to reload the board 200 times I could cut that down. But im drawing a blank on how to set that up on a board.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not understand the problem. Just copy and paste the sign along the board? Maybe if you post an attempt, it will make more sense to me.

placcard1.mpc Heres a sample of what im attempting but I have to do this 200 times with each placard having a different plant name. I realize I could very well be making this more difficult then what it should be but Im drawing a complete blank.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post

Do you want the Carvewright to cut individual placards for you, or would you do that with a saw?

I was considering the use of a sled as well which if I have to end up doing them one at a time that is probably the way I will go. Its such a simple placard but something is just not clicking for me and maybe I just forgot how to use the carvewright since I've been carving mostly Icons.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast