Thread: Convert MPC to Jpeg

Default Convert MPC to Jpeg

A know this question has come up before. I need to send a pattern for approval via email.
    Thank you

You need to do a screen capture of the design board. You can either just press the prt sc button and then open an editing program like paint and paste the image into it or with windows there is a tool "snipping" that will allow you to capture just an area of the screen you want.

Hint, in designer "view" turn of the construction lines for a cleaner view. Also take a shot of the design board tilted/rotated to give the customer a different view of the project.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Screen capture is all that comes to mind. We post them all the time on the forum.

I use a screen capture program. I pose the object at an angle so the contours can be seen and capture it.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thank you for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Creekwood View Post
    A know this question has come up before. I need to send a pattern for approval via email.
    Thank you
    There is a program built into windows called "Snipping tool" . Press the "Windows " key on the keyboard and click on the search icon. Type in "Snipping tool"
    Steve

Good evening Creekwood,
    I'm a big fan of the program SnagIt for screen captures because it allows me to zoom or expand just what I want (area) on the Designer screen and then save as a JPG or one of several other formats. This allows me to insert just what I need to show a client just what I'm proposing for them in an e-mail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abby Neal.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	515.7 KB 
ID:	80371 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loesser COA Norma.png 
Size:	401.7 KB 
ID:	80372

Since your client is seeing just what is "in Designer" there is hardly a more accurate vision of what the MPC will produce when carved. Just my opinion but I really like SnagIt for all the tricks it will do.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

greenshot getgreenshot.org is also an excellent screen capture tool with lots of features.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Good evening Creekwood,
    I'm a big fan of the program SnagIt for screen captures because it allows me to zoom or expand just what I want (area) on the Designer screen and then save as a JPG or one of several other formats. This allows me to insert just what I need to show a client just what I'm proposing for them in an e-mail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abby Neal.png 
Size:	515.7 KB 
ID:	80371 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loesser COA Norma.png 
Size:	401.7 KB 
ID:	80372

Since your client is seeing just what is "in Designer" there is hardly a more accurate vision of what the MPC will produce when carved. Just my opinion but I really like SnagIt for all the tricks it will do.
    I like and use Snagit almost exclusively but it is not free. IMO, Snagit is one of the best screen capture programs available. It's made by Techmith and you can buy it directly from them in their online store. Here is the link.

http://shop.techsmith.com/store/tech...zi7sszxxnksxsl
    Steve