Thread: Coin Holder Slots

Default Coin Holder Slots

I'm trying to "tweak" a coin holder pattern, but am having a problem tweaking the slots. I've tried just using the 1/8 cutting bit to create the slots, but the slots are just a little too thin and coins don't fit in so easy. So I'm using the same and just created a connected line so I can have the cutting bit run around twice (with a tiny space) which I believe will make the slot a little wider (unless someone has a better idea). Anyway, after creating the slots and zooming in I notice that they are not exactly square and when I try to square it up, it jumps all over the place. Is there a way to do this correctly? Lookin' for some ideas or ways to do this.
    Thanks, JerryB
    Here's the mpc (made with 1.187.... I'm a poor oooooolllllldddddd timer!) LOL

Coin Holder.mpc
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I'm trying to "tweak" a coin holder pattern, but am having a problem tweaking the slots. I've tried just using the 1/8 cutting bit to create the slots, but the slots are just a little too thin and coins don't fit in so easy. So I'm using the same and just created a connected line so I can have the cutting bit run around twice (with a tiny space) which I believe will make the slot a little wider (unless someone has a better idea). Anyway, after creating the slots and zooming in I notice that they are not exactly square and when I try to square it up, it jumps all over the place. Is there a way to do this correctly? Lookin' for some ideas or ways to do this.
    Thanks, JerryB
    Here's the mpc (made with 1.187.... I'm a poor oooooolllllldddddd timer!) LOL

Coin Holder.mpc

Jerry

I usually draw the rectangle exactly the size I need and tweak the size using the bit inset either on the toolbar or in the bit assignment dialogue box. You can use positive or negative values up to the radius of the bit assigned.

Your rectangle jumps around because you need to remove the attachments before trying to make adjustments. They are the yellow numbers. Right click on one and select "Remove Attachment"
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-15-2016 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Steve

Duh! Why didn't I think of that! LOL Guess I was reading too much in to it. Thanks amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Jerry

I usually draw the rectangle exactly the size I need and tweek the size using the bit inset either on the toolbar or in the bit assignment dialogue box. You can use positive or negative values up to the radius of the bit assigned.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Copy and paste the line then hit the up arrow one time - about 1/32"
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com