Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this

Default New to this

Just got my machine in on Monday, set it up Tuesday and ready to roll. Any tips on getting started with patterns and where to purchase?

Welcome to the CW forum and congrats on getting your machine.

There are a lot of free patterns here on the forum, go to the pattern sharing thread. As for buying patterns the main vendor is the CarveWright pattern store. There are a few of us who sell from our web pages.

On Ebay be careful of vendors there. There are a few who sell CDs with large collections but most of those patterns have been posted here on the forum, that is where THEY got them. If the sellers show they are located in New Mexico STAY AWAY from them...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Welcome to the Forum.
    Your biggest tool is this forum. Visit often. If you have questions, ask, there is always someone out there to help.
    It's a great group.

I would like to welcome you to our forum. This is a great place to learn all about your new machine. There is one thing I would like to suggest that will save you a lot of problems down the road. Install a good vacuum system on the machine, not a shop vac. There are threads here that talk about what works well, different attachments for the machine, even ones you can build yourself. I can't express enough how important it is to the health of your machine. One more thing learn about using a sled or a jig as some call it, and use masking tape on the bottom for the tracking roller..... read this forum....a lot.... Good luck and enjoy.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by bjlouque View Post
    Just got my machine in on Monday, set it up Tuesday and ready to roll. Any tips on getting started with patterns and where to purchase?

Here is a project of 3 basic coasters to get you started. They are simple and straight forward and the only bits you will need are the 1/16" carving bit and the 1/8" cutting bit. You will also need a board that is at least 21" long, 5" wide and 3/4" thick. Be sure the board is flat and smooth with square 90 degree corners.

Congratulations on your ownership of a new Carvewright and good luck with your first project.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-10-2016 at 10:14 AM.
    Steve

Welcome aboard. As mentioned before a dust collector is critical for lowering frustrations. There will be frustrations as you learn your machine (using me as an example). Read everything on here when you can. The problem I had was a sticky roller. It drove me nuts because I didn't know what it was and I was this close to throwing out my machine but with help from the CW staff and the good folks on here I was finally able to figure it out. You'll be amazed at what this little machine can do.

Hope you enjoy your new toy. Like they say, you have any issues, problems, or needs this is the place to head. The people here are great and most will help you any way they can.

Welcome . This is a great form with lots of help and some great sharing of idea's and info. Take the time to read the tips & tricks. Good way to start.

Welcome to the CW family! I'm still really new also and learning a lot from these great people on this forum! Whether it's help, ideas, or seeing and reading things that jump start your creativity... you'll find it all right here!

When I give demos in my shop, I use my Shell Box posted somewhere on the forum. I know it can be found because that is what AskBud found on his forum search video. It is a quick 2 sided project.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast