Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amulet contest

Default Amulet contest

Its been fairly quite on here so how about another contest. I will design and carve out 2-4 amulets based on a design/theme that will be picked by you. Something again in line with wearable projects.

I am placing the following limitations:

1. The patterns will be developed using the 1/6 carving bit and 1/8 cutting bit only.

2. The max size on the patterns will be 4" x 3" for wearability.

You can choose any theme or specific design. The top theme or specific design with the most votes by the end of Friday will be used to develop the patterns.

(examples: Celtic cross or Egyptian cartouche.)

2. Default Batman - Superman Amulet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batman-cameo-man-of-steel-sequel-01.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	80247This may not be what you had in mind but I think this would be so cool, No need to have the year, just the logo as an amulet.

If that's what wins. I already have some pretty cool ideas on how to make it.

Steve, very nice. Was that all done with designer?

How about a maori design?

Steve here is a quick pendant design. I cheated. The blender software has an add-on to do gem stones. So its a hit a button and you are done type of design.

Here is also a quick batman superman pendant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails batman superman.PNG   diamond pendant.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

A quick maori turtle design. 4" tall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maori turtle.PNG  

Steve, Very nice. Little jealous of your Aspire software. I keep eyeballing it but I just can't justify the 2000.00 bill when I have blender. Blender is not as user friendly and some modeling is just painful but in the end IF I can get my skill level high enough with it I should be able to do most everything on it. Though Aspire, Zbrush, Maya, and the rest of the 3d modeling tools do leave me drooling a little bit.

I think the contest is a bust so here is another pattern for a Maori hook pendant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maori fish hook 01.PNG  

We have a rain day in North Louisiana. Its been raining cats and dogs plus horses, cows and any other animal you can name.

So playing with some of my software tools. Went into CorelDraw. Drew a straight line. Applied a brush stroke to it. Used the swirl command to swirl the line. Exported to blender as a svg. Converted it to a mesh. Added an oval disk to the model. Subdivided the mesh for a denser mesh. Exported as an stl to designer. Blurred it a bit using the pattern editor and we now have a swirl pendant. About a 5 min exercise.

kind of a primitive rune stone design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swirl1.PNG  

Another version. Applied a stone texture to the 3d model and then ported to CW. Here is the difference in look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swirl with texture.PNG  

Here is a blank drop fang primitive amulet for a canvas. The pattern is blank so you can add your own initials or rune.

Including a picture of all the little do dads I've built this morning. Most are primitives within blender so they are a one command to create patterns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drop fang primitive pendant.PNG   primitive examples.png  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast