Thread: Outline Pattern Tool, Straight line technique

1. Default Outline Pattern Tool, Straight line technique

Hello all,

I need help with a frustrating technique.

I have Designer 3. I have only bought the program no mods yet. I am cutting out 8" letters from a .png (AREA 23) It is being used on a sign. I only have the image importer so far.

Once I import the image I am able to use the "Outline Pattern tool" to make vectors. However, the outline follows the .png exactly and is cutting the pixelated edges instead of straight lines. I can't figure out how to edit the vectors or smooth the lines.

The end result is not bad. I can knock off the rough edges with sand paper but, if I were able to cut straight lines it would reduce my machine time and have less touch up time after.

Please help
    Frustrated Noobe.

The first thing to try is to maybe find out what font was used in the png and just use designer text to make the letters. Your other options would be to clean up the png to remove the pixelated edges or use the drawing tools to trace over the outline to make new vectors.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I you post the png, someone here could trace it, import it into Designer, and post it back to you.

4. Default

This is an artists work no font was used she made it up as she went.

5. Default The file

The file is attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I you post the png, someone here could trace it, import it into Designer, and post it back to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails area23bulletfont.jpg