Thread: Can't find album binder rings

Default Can't find album binder rings

After reading the thread about the wood sketch pad cover and wooden hinges, I think I know what to make for the grand kids for next Christmas. I want to make the CarveWright do all the work including the groove for the pin. but I want to install maybe 1 1/2" slant D rings. The people who manufacture notebooks get the D ring hardware somewhere? I can't find them anywhere. I don't really want to buy a dozen notebooks from Costco and drill out the rivets to get them. Anyone know a source?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    After reading the thread about the wood sketch pad cover and wooden hinges, I think I know what to make for the grand kids for next Christmas. I want to make the CarveWright do all the work including the groove for the pin. but I want to install maybe 1 1/2" slant D rings. The people who manufacture notebooks get the D ring hardware somewhere? I can't find them anywhere. I don't really want to buy a dozen notebooks from Costco and drill out the rivets to get them. Anyone know a source?
    Clint
    Clint,

I just Googled "d ring binder"

http://www.the5sstore.com/1in-3ring-...FYVAaQodR5QEkQ

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_30np2e5jw5_b
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 02-14-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Steve

Well just for the fun of it I went looking to purchase metal 3 ring binder mechanisms, with the ideas flying around here I thought I could use a few anyway. Come to find out, these little gems are a bit hard to come by. Amazon did show a few, but when you go to purchase, there is only one to be had. I did not check all for sale there. They all were same seller i did notice. I found where you can buy bulk, but 300 binders is a lot to have laying at 1.01 each + shipping. I think the best route is old binders that are out there taking up space. Tear them down re-purpose the parts.

Thank you for the information. My wife has been pushing me for make one of these books as an art portfolio with a 3 ring binder for her smaller pieces so she can add and remove her pieces. She is a wonderful artist and her book portfolio is in the near future.