So, I was working on cutting out a pocket cut, and had gotten a check cut motor (have gotten it a couple of times in the past, and have also read on the forums that it is usually nothing), so I opened the cover, looked inside... everything looked ok, so I continued on. I noticed that the cut path was off on my carve and pushed stop on the key pad. Then I got a puff of smoke coming up from the inside of the CarveWright. So I turned the machine off, unplugged it (just in case) and unloaded my project... which was in a carrier.

So yesterday, I was putting my light on inside of machine, figured it was time, and it would help with the visibility. Got that done, checked around for anything looking out of the ordinary (due to the puff of smoke I noticed the day before), and didn't see anything.

So, I decided to run the user tests, measured the x, y, z just fine, but the cut motor test said it was running, and it wasn't.

So, I searched the forums, checked my machine.... searched again (ok, this went on all afternoon).

I did not remove the cut motor and open it up. I have been using a dust collector from the start (except for a simple first test of the CarveWright). I only have 13.5 hours cutting time on my machine. I do have a warranty.

So, I did take a picture of my X Termination Board - and have read that they use a brown glue, but I can't really tell if that's just glue on my board, or "fried".

I'm attaching a copy of my last project, and a picture of the X Termination Board.

Is it time to call CarveWright??

Thanks for any and all help!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad cut.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	80080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X Termination Board.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	80081