Thread: Carving depth

Default Carving depth

Have not found out how to set carving depth. Some of the text would work better, chip less if the depth were minimum, but I have not found where to set that. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to set the depth when using a 60 or 90 V Bit as these are preset and cannot be adjusted.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

If you can post your project so we can see what you are talking about it would help us... If the text is a raster type carve you can adjust the depth and height to help with chip out. Also adding draft to the text will help.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Did you buy the Centerline Text Option?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default Thanks

Did not buy Centerline. Was told the basic would do what I needed and, so far, that seems to be correct. The text I've selected this time does show raster, but I don't see how to adjust depth. This text does seem to be fairly shallow as is, however. I was hoping to find a solution so I'll know next time. Also, would like the graphic to be more shallow and have no idea how to adjust it.
    The bit is the 1/16" carving bit. They others are still back ordered. Program suggested a bull nose, but don't have one yet.
    The design attached is just something I'm doing to try to learn the program. One of my problems is a short attention when it comes to learning. I want to DO, not sit at a computer and learn. Working on that.
    Thank you for the input.Peace To All 4.mpc

Did not buy Centerline.Peace To All 4.mpc The attached is something I put together to try to learn the software. After going through the font selections found one that seem to be more shallow than others. It does have raster, but I didn't see where to set depth. Also don't know what that means.
    I put the cross into Photoshop and tried to adjust the intensity of the lines, but it didn't seem to work. Would like to know how to adjust the depth of cut.
    Most of this does seem to be learning how to work within the software. It's different and I am impatient.