Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Sharon, Henry, thank you. Not quite the same to my earlier clock but very similar.

I have a friend who got selected for school and is moving on to another base. For the non-military folks, that's a big deal. School is a discriminator for promotion so his chances to getting promoted to colonel just went up several points. He is huge into baseball so another friend and I are doing a special going away gift in addition to the traditional command plaque. It's a baseball display stand I made in mahogany with leather for the seats.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4650.jpg  

Nice job Oscar. I'm sure he will really appreciate it.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Spent most of the weekend getting my motorcycle ready for the road so didn't get any woodworking in (or any of the dozen honey do tasks on my list) but did finish one pattern. Its a winged star. No sure if I will be throwing into the depot pattern or keeping for my library but still wanted to show it off.

I also made two new textures for my library. The one on the picture is one of my split oak logs from my wood pile. Also made another texture using a picture from soil in my wife's garden. Pretty pleased with both patterns. Slowly building up my texture patterns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW winged star.png   CW winged star soil texture.png  

Oscar, I really like the way your wings came out. Great detail.

Thanks Sharon. Simple pattern but it took forever to tweak. Each feather is an individual object so over 100 objects in the model.

- O

Just playing with this idea for an electric light switch plate. Trying to figure out the mechanics. I'd like to carve some custom plates for the bathroom remodel I doing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW light switch plates.png  

Default light switch

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Just playing with this idea for an electric light switch plate. Trying to figure out the mechanics. I'd like to carve some custom plates for the bathroom remodel I doing.
    what about the new switch light 1" x 2" in the center model
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by henry1; 05-17-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry, thank you. I'll see what I can learn from the model. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to design these things and at what depth they need to be carved. The wife chose a Japanese zen garden spa theme so will be carving an oriental pattern on the final switch plates. Thanks again for sharing.

Still haven't gotten any of my projects done. Did have fun with an old pattern and spruced it up. Definitely going into my private library.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW smoking skull.png  

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast