Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Thank you. I had forgotten about that. I may just throw it out in the sun for the rest of the week and just use tung oil. I'll see what it looks like by next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Thank you. I had forgotten about that. I may just throw it out in the sun for the rest of the week and just use tung oil. I'll see what it looks like by next weekend.
    That will work too! I did my entire basement (bar, wine cellar, aquarium, built-ins) with Cherry stained with a Bartley Pennsylvania Cherry Gel Stain. I first sealed the wood with Zinnser Seal Coat diluted 50/50 (I think that's the ratio I used). I'm happy with the way that it turned out.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

I am starting to design my most ambitious project so far. I didn't like my first design of my family crest so starting from scratch. It will be one of a kind. It's going to be a World of Warcraft themed crest plus maybe some Warhammer 40K elements and some steampunk thrown in for good measure. It will also be my first two piece carve due to the size I am envisioning (2x3ft). I just finished the first element. My family crest only has two main parts: a castle and a heraldic lion. I will be using the moonwell temple from Darnassus for the castle and a riding panther instead of a lion. This model is the center statue that is visible from the entrance way from the temple.

I will be modeling some dragons and griffons for the sides plus some new architectural elements.

So one element complete and a dozen more to follow. This project will probably take a while to complete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alunev2 small.jpg   CW Alunev2.png  

4. Default

Oscar, looks great, also looks like much more than a weekend project!

Norm, you are so right about that one. I am planning of layering the carvings with appliques on different layers. So it will take me a while to design.

Went to work for a little bit on some test carves and the cherub clock and its just too darn cold out there. It's 37 degrees, so above freezing, but below my threshold of enjoying woodworking.

6. Default

We are having a melting day from the snow, its 45 degrees today. I have a propane heater in the shop that I run until its around 50 then I maintain with a electric heater. I am helping a fellow cw owner with an urn today, just came in from the shop while the glue drys. I try to still work through the winter but it definitely cuts my shop time more than in half.

Finally finished my little cherub clock. Didn't have the right size clock hands so these are temps. Pretty happy with it but also need a D size battery to see how loud its going to be. The back is open to create a sound box so hoping its loud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4540.jpg   IMG_4543.jpg  

Really nice job Oscar! Is it going to be a gift or displayed in your home?
    Steve

Now that is an awesome project. Very nice Oscar. You do not just talk the talk!

Wow! I'm impressed. That is a piece of art. Sure don't know where you find the time to do all that you do.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast