Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

Beautiful work Oscar! And your wife has excellent taste

Really nice work Oscar. I'm anxious to see the finished carve.
    Steve

Dian, thank you. She picked me so I am agreeing with you that she has excellent taste.

Steve, me too. I am out of black walnut so have to get some this week and I am ordering the clock mechanism today. It'll be an electronic clock with chimes (music) and short pendulum arm.

Should be an awesome looking clock when finished. Black walnut is always on top of the list.

Really nice projects. Do you have a drawing of the box hinge profile? I'm working on some presentation boxes and a wooden hinge would be a good addition. Thanks!

I wish it was more fancy but it was as simple as it could be. I simply had two sides and back extend .75" over the front and then cut some hinges on the back and top with a band saw. Took literally about 5 minutes to do since I did it all by eye and then 1 minute at the sanding station to clean it up.

7. Default

can't wait to see the finished clock.

Norm, me too.

Really busy weekend projects. Carved the front of the clock but just ordered the clock mechanism yesterday so going to put that project to the side for next weekend. I gave up on using the CW to cut out stuff so will band saw and scroll saw out the pattern from the blank later.

Carved two more family crests. Did a rookie move. I did not confirm the spelling of my neighbors name even though when I spelled it out he said it was right. He is a little hard of hearing. So redid the shield and much happier with this version. Both done in oak with a stain and lacquer finish.

Also carving two beir the bell badges. One for my father-in-law and one for the wife.

I'm also doing a Marine plaque for my neighbor. It will be my very first center line font project. I've had the add-on for a long time but just hadn't used it.

Finally working on a pattern for my daughter. This is still in work design wise but you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slone family crest.jpg   CW icarus.png   Evans Family Crest.jpg  

My father-in-law's family crest completed. A little late for Christmas but should still be a nice gift. Really happy with the finished product. Stained red oak carved on normal and only minimal sanding. I know you can still see the tool marks but I hate sanding and I hate carving on optimal (would have been a 8hr carve) plus it gives it a rustic look.

At some point I'll have to make time to carve my own.

I did carve the sub today. I am super pleased with it. Tomorrow I'll band saw it from the blank. My machine likes to wander in its cutouts so didn't want to chance it after a 2.5 hour carve in cherry. I'll post pictures tomorrow of it after glue up.

I am a little sad face. My delta table saw after only 6 months decided to crap out. I am going to have to dig our my old 15 yr craftsman out tomorrow to finish a few on going projects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4510.JPG  

Very nice Oscar, waiting to see your submarine.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast