Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

A cross pattern I made for my wife. Carved pretty good and she likes it so life is good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4213.jpg  

That looks really nice Oscar. Great job.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

3. Default

Really nice, I am sure she loved it.

My neighbors have been amazing helping me move in and getting stuff done. Like helping me chop down trees. As a thank you I am making their family crests as a gift. This is the first one. I still need to stain and poly the plaque. It is 15"x14" carved at .25.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carved Sloan family crest.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    My neighbors have been amazing helping me move in and getting stuff done. Like helping me chop down trees. As a thank you I am making their family crests as a gift. This is the first one. I still need to stain and poly the plaque. It is 15"x14" carved at .25.
    How long did it take you to carve compared to mine
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry, I carved mine in normal so only 2 hours. It did take some sanding to clean it up but not too bad.

I could of done the same but did not want to sand here is the finished crest with a green felt at the back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0550.JPG   100_0551.JPG  
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry,

It looks great. I'm going to try a new technique and try also painting a little on it. We'll see how mine turns out.

- O

And first one done. Not as nice as Henry's finish but I really, really hate finishing. So only a quick stain application and some spray on spar urethane. Still happy with the finish since it does give it some character.

I used black felt for the back and some hook picture hangers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sloan Family Crest.jpg  

Default New pendulum clock design

Still finishing up the fine details but this is what I came up with for the wife's mini-grandfather clock. It will be a full size pendulum clock. I plan to carve it in black walnut with a small shelf on the bottom. The design is currently 24"x10"X4" without the shelf. Pretty pleased with the design overall and the wife loves it. The cherub is my sculpture attempt. Its nowhere near perfect but its all mine.

For the blender users I used dynamic topology starting with a cube. Keeps you from having to build a base figure to start sculpting from. Harder and easier in different aspects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cherub pendulum clock small image cc.jpg  

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast