Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend projects

I like, I chuckled a bit when I saw it.

Started watching the series again (Devil May Cry) and thought it would be cool to have a model of the sword. May go on some future project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Devil may cry sword.png  

Some sculpting practice. I am pleased with the pattern so going into my library. May become a war horse in the future. The hair is a separate object from the head so easy to remove to add the armor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW warhorse bust.png  

Very nice Oscar

Thank you. Sculpting in 3d is pretty fun. Here is a version of a war horse with armor. Just playing with it for now and just an object blocking exercise.

P.S. added a quick render of a slightly updated model. Nothing special but really liking the OpenGl render capabilities in blender. Render was a few seconds. A little post processing in Corel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW war horse bust v2.png   war horse bust 5.jpg  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 06-30-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Trying something new tomorrow. An electrical switch plate. Haven't done these before so not sure about the dimensions. So calling it an experiment but hope it works.

My wife (me as the labor/work horse...did I say work horse, meant whipped over worked mule) is remodeling our bathroom in a Japanese type decor and I had the awesome pictures from NICPIC to use for patterns. Of course she said, "those are really nice but I want..." so had to use my own patterns.

This is my first pattern attempt.

Carving in mahogany. I'll follow up with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Koi fish and lilly switch plate.png  

Some architectural element patterns for my library I made using different modeling techniques this afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW architectural elements.png  

I said I wasn't going to carve this stuff but man its pretty. I may have to change my mind and need to buy some new bits just for this. This is just two coats of oil poly. Its the wood shining through.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4764.JPG  

The shine can sure be brought out with the right touch, very nice.

Here is another Oscar special. Had a rough idea of what I wanted so just started hammering lumber together. So no plans and no real clear direction on what the final piece of furniture would look like. Everything was pretty adhoc.

Oak plywood case with solid oak doors. Tile top and European hinges. It weighs a ton.

So really pleased on how it came out. A lot of luck and a little bit of poor skill. I still need to clear coat it but ran out of steam. Going into the bathroom as a towel/medicine cabinet.

Took 4 times longer than it should have to build and construction assembly not optimized. I lucked out on material usage. Came out using exactly one sheet of 3/4" oak plywood and 6 oak boards of 8"x3/4"x6'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4767.jpg   IMG_4769.jpg   IMG_4770.jpg   IMG_4771.jpg  

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast